In reply to 2E0HJD:

In reply to G4OWG:

The train now standing at platform 9 and 3/4 will be departing some
time today
:wink:
Mickā€¦

ā€¦Unless Voldermort stuffs a spanner in the works :slight_smile:

In reply to 2E0HJD:

I think you might be right Mick, keep the punters waiting for added effect and excitement.

Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:
Ermā€¦ Just switched on and unless Iā€™m missing somethingā€¦ I dont think anything has changed has it?

So I assume this is how will it workā€¦you view a summit, look at the activations and where you see an activators call now, you drill down further and see what that activator entered into the database?

Anywayā€¦ Iā€™ll keep looking later as there is not much chasing going on here!

73 Marc G0AZS (actually Iā€™m K1UG/9 where I am at the moment)

When it has been done, the ā€˜Show all QSOsā€™ that currently only appears at the top of your own Activator Log page, will appear on everyone elseā€™s, provided you are logged onto the Database.

Please be patient folks. If it isnā€™t enabled by midnight, then it will be with good reason. Gary G0HJQ is an expert in his field, and we are fortunate to have someone of his calibre providing the SOTA Database for us. I accept we said ā€œover the weekend of 8/9 Septemberā€, but if it is a few hours or days late, then please show some good faith and patience. Iā€™m sure Gary would appreciate that more than some of the comments above.

In reply to M1EYP:
Sure thing Tomā€¦ didnā€™t mean to seem impatientā€¦ just curiousā€¦ and killing time here.

In any caseā€¦ my midnight is 6 hours behind yours so I guess that gives some leeway hi :slight_smile:

73 Marc G0AZS (K1UG/9)

I think you must be right there Mick, for as far as I can tell, no-one has removed any logs. You must understand however, that we couldnā€™t just suddenly make them all openly viewable (a) without warning and (b) without the option to withdraw. Itā€™s like any ā€œcontractā€ when the terms are altered.

73, Tom

Not really Mick, that is why I put the word in inverted commas. It was just to illustrate a point.

Slightly off-topicā€¦ just checking through the database I see that Cris GM4FAM has me down as giving him a unique summit of Law Kneiss SS-168 on 10-Mar-2007. In fact Cris I was on Black Mount SS-158. So hopefully that will give you a different unique. It will definitely give you 2pts instead of the 1pt for SS-168. Obviously finger trouble when keying the data. Sorry for the worldwid coverage but I donā€™t have Crisā€™ email or Iā€™d have told him directly.

Good thing these public databases! :wink:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to M1EYP:

The MT has therefore decided that as of the weekend of 8/9 September,
all activator and chaser logs will be fully visible to all registered
participants.

Looks like somebodyā€™s clock has stopped.

We hope that everyone welcomes the return to full transparency and
broader functionality of the SOTA Database.

We certainly do, or we will if/when it happens.

Mike

PS The thought just hit me, maybe none of us are registered.

In reply to GW0DSP: Might be happening now - I canā€™t get into the database at the moment. Steve

In reply to GW7AAV:

Same here Steve, definately like waiting for the next Harry Potter.

It is happening sometime this evening. Gary G0HJQ has been in touch and there had been an unavoidable and unexpected delay as I presumed. Thanks for your patience folks.

Tom

In reply to M1EYP:
Tom,
Rather strange. Ok we can now look at all the details of a chasers log, but the ā€œdeleteā€ link is there in the right end column and appears to be enabled. Obviously I havenā€™t tried it but it kind of looks as if anyone could delete a QSO from a chasers log. Or am I seeing something!! I have looked at several chaser logs.
73 jim g0cqk

Yes I am seeing the Delete as well, I have to say its gone nowā€¦
Just enough time to download the two activator logs I wanted thoughā€¦

In reply to G0CQK:

Iā€™m seeing the same Jim. Have just backed up my logsā€¦ I have had to amend one anyway as I seem to have logged some 10MHz SSB from Carneddau GW/MW-023 which should be 5MHz. Blame it on Cris GM4FAM - he asked for a 5MHz CW contact!

I guess itā€™s just one of those days!

73, Gerald

In reply to 2E0KPO:

Subtle as ever Steve!!! ā€¦The delete is still here and it looks like anyone can delete the files as well!!

You know me John, I see the delete has gone.
Well done chaps for the change, miles better.

There was an additional security/password check behind those ā€˜Deleteā€™ links, to ensure that only the account holder could delete his/her own activations. However, to avoid any confusion, Gary has now removed those 'Deleteā€™s.

In reply to 2E0KPO:
Well I read somewhere a long time ago, the line was example ;;

quote !!!
like waiting for the next Harry Potter book.

Well sounds like the book was rubbish, as no one has said anything about it, its now over 6 hours since the database was opened, and the only complaint was the delete logs, So looks like every oneā€™s happy at last. Just wondering when every oneā€™s going to get back to happy familyā€™s. (iā€™ll be the baker),
Steve m0sgb

In reply to 2E0KPO:
Well I read somewhere a long time ago, the line was example ;;

quote !!!
like waiting for the next Harry Potter book.

Well sounds like the book was rubbish, as no one has said anything about it, its now over 6 hours since the database was opened, and the only complaint was the delete logs, So looks like every oneā€™s happy at last. Just wondering when every oneā€™s going to get back to happy familyā€™s. (iā€™ll be the baker),
Steve m0sgb