SOTA CSV Log Editor

In reply to LX1NO:

1. Callsigns ending in “/QRP”, “/IX1” and
    “/AAW” show up as “Invalid Call Detected”.

Quite correctly, because these ARE invalid calls!

Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to G3NYY:
If I should be able to edit the data, I don’t need a hint that this is an invalid call. It’s additional information. We don’t need to get into the “these are valid extensions of the callsign” discussion.

Btw, why would IX1 be invalid?

73 Norby

In reply to LX1NO:
Not sure what 1X1 is, it certainly has no place in a callsign. As Walt says it is an invalid callsign. This sort of information belongs in the ‘NOTES’ box of your logging program and maybe in the NOTES box in the SOTA database.

Ah, I see you mean LX1, presumably your licence suggests this for /P within Luxembourg.

73 Dave G3YMC

In reply to G3YMC:

Not sure what 1X1 is, it certainly has no place in a callsign.

It’s a valid prefix for Italy. As such it does have valid place in a callsign but at the beginning.

Colin

In reply to G8TMV:

Thanks for clarifying things :slight_smile: Yes, Italy X-Ray One is a very valid prefix for the Valle d’Aosta. Sri, I was under the impression that top-notch DXers know about this :wink:

Yes, it normaly should be at the beginning of the call, but this Italian fellow keyed it at the end.

BTW, typing mistake LAKHA was considered a valid callsign. I do know there’s no thorough callsign checker within the application but if errors like this are “acceptable” so should any other combination of a callsign.

73 Norby

In reply to LX1NO:

If you click too fast on another Sort by button, that is, you don’t
wait until the initiated sorting is finished, the application will end
up in an endless loop and you have to quit and restart.

I have already addressed that for the next update - all the buttons get disabled at start of any operation that takes more than a few mS.

1. Something like a row counter in front of the date column would help
    to find the rows faster which it did not like during import,
    especially since only 6 out of many rows are shown.

All of them are there - you have to scroll to them - it was not really intended to deal with a log containing 1500 items (although it does work with this many it is a little slow) - I do not yet know how to deal with allowing the number of visible lines to be increased.

1. If I log contacts, the Summit field gets deleted everytime. Not
    good if you want to enter 60+ contacts, for instance.

If you Press F5 or Menu->Options/Auto-Clear-Ref

If you don’t like the Callsign Validation turn it off (F2)

Stewart G0LGS

In reply to G8TMV:

I have discovered one area of confusion, the buttons under the qso
list window. The “Select all” “Unselect all”
buttons actually “check” and “uncheck” the entries
for use with the Delete Checked" button rather than the
“Edit selected” button. It isn’t clear that you need to
“highlight/select” an entry to edit it. Consistent usage of
“Checked” and “Selected” would clear this up.

I was trying to make it apparent that Edit only does the one (I have yet to work out how to get the correct information from windows when more than one item is ‘selected’ (highlighted) where-as Delete does all the ones that are marked with the checkbox - seems I failed ! - I will have another go at clearing that up by changing the button labels.

Stewart G0LGS

BTW, typing mistake LAKHA was considered a valid callsign. I do know
there’s no thorough callsign checker within the application but if
errors like this are “acceptable” so should any other
combination of a callsign.

I just tried entering LAKHA in the callsign here and when callsign validation is enabled it does not accept it - so I don’t see the problem.

The reason I started this program in the first place was to make it more likely that I did not attempt to upload a manually edited CSV with such typing errors.

Stewart G0LGS

In reply to G0LGS:

If you Press F5 or Menu->Options/Auto-Clear-Ref

Sri, missed that one. Thanks.

If you don’t like the Callsign Validation turn it off (F2)

Idem

I just tried entering LAKHA in the callsign here and when callsign validation
is enabled it does not accept it - so I don’t see the problem.

Cfm, my bad. I did not really enter contacts, I only imported my data.

Now, you just need to add an installer which also uninstalls the values that the application adds to the registry because they don’t get removed once you delete the program folder, or just put these values into the INI file.

73 Norby

Updated version now Available.

(Help->About->Check for Update)

Stewart G0LGS

In reply to G3CWI:

Bemused I am not. Stuart has identified what he perceives as a niche and has developed an application to fill it. Of course, not everyone may identify the same niche, and therefore can feel free to not download and use it!

Thanks for sharing Stuart, it’s a tidy app.

Dave M0MYA.

In reply to G0LGS:

Looks good.

73 Norby

A summary of the features of my CSV Editor and a link to the latest download is now available at:

http://www.g0lgs.co.uk/soft_info.php?AppName=sotacsveditor

Stewart G0LGS

There were a few tweaks to the ADIF export code in my CSV Editor since 10th November.

Stewart G0LGS

tnx fr Info Stewart!

In reply to G0LGS:

Hi Stewart

At risk of appearing a bit dim, what does your system do that just entering data on the SOTA database does not do? I must be missing something important - maybe something that will make my life easier?

Is it just the ADIF export bit?

Cheers

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

what does your system do that just
entering data on the SOTA database does not do?

Yes, it will make your life easier. It’s much quicker/easier to log contacts and it will maintain a SOTA log on your home computer to consult.

Highly recommended! (thanks Stewart)

Barry N1EU

In reply to G3CWI:

At risk of appearing a bit dim, what does your system do that just
entering data on the SOTA database does not do? I must be missing
something important - maybe something that will make my life easier?

Richard,

I got fed up of the manual log entry method provided by the SOTA database web site quite a log time ago and started manually creating a CSV file (in a text editor) to upload a number of contacts as once, but this came with its own issues mainly because of me mistyping Summit References or getting the logged contacts out of chronological order.

So I decided to spend a few evenings some time ago writing a program that would check what I typed and manage the CSV for me. The export of ADIF was added a while later so that importing the same entries into a more conventional logging program was possible.

A summary of the features of the program is available on my website
http://www.g0lgs.co.uk/soft_info.php?AppName=sotacsveditor

(I have edited or removed a few older posts of mine in this thread because the logs on my web server show that some people are accessing the older versions via old links originally posted into this thread).

Stewart G0LGS

In reply to G3CWI:

Is it just the ADIF export bit?

Perhaps Stewarts system dosen’t crash half a dozen times when entering a big log.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Are you sure they’re not PEBKAC problems Mike? The system logs show you get a lot of ID107 fails.

Andy
MM0FMF