Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

SOTA Christmas Quiz 2010

In reply to M3EYP:

1, 3, 4 and 15 correct (sorry Brian G8ADD, your answer for 15 was wrong, sorry for my mistake). Jimmy - correct for 4, but Cheriton Hill was not one of them.

16, 17, 20, 25e & 25f correct.

30 & 32 both wrong.

34, 35 & 37 correct.

40, 43 & 44 wrong.

In reply to G0AZS:

Correct Marc. To the rest of you, 14 and 26e have already been answered correctly!

Tom M1EYP

BTW, the rationale behind the “One answer per post” rule is to avoid the possibility that someone else posts a correct answer before you, while you are typing up a long post of several answers! These Christmas quizzes move very fast in the first few hours!

Tom M1EYP

1. Dufton Pike?

1. A picture of it was on the SOTA Awards Certificates?

In reply to G3CWI:

You’ve drawn two blanks this time Richard, sorry.

In reply to M1EYP:
49) Kinder Scout & Shining Tor

Jonathan
M6HBS

In reply to M1EYP:
22) One of the founders of SOTA climbed and operated off this summit and thought up the idea of SOTA whilst there?

A wild guess but you never know!

Jonathan
M6HBS

1. Grasmoor

73 Marc G0AZS

Jonathan - you have 49 correct, and 22 is close enough for me. Catstye Cam was the first summit that John G3WGV (President & Founder) experimented operating (with a handheld) SOTA style from prior to SOTA’s launch. He actually had the idea of SOTA many years before then!

Marc - no, sorry!

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

1. Name the SOTA association that has the largest number of regions?

W7-79 regions

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

I think somebody else offered that answer earlier Andy. It is wrong.

Tom M1EYP

Another lightning start to the Xmas Quiz everyone! 41 answers down, just 15 to go. And the quiz is barely half a day old! I thought some of the questions were hard - not hard enough, obviously!

But will any of the remaining unsolved ones make it to Christmas week I wonder?

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
29) USA (W5)

In reply to M1EYP:

In reply to MM0FMF:
I think somebody else offered that answer earlier Andy. It is wrong.
Tom M1EYP

Must be a trick question if 79 is what the website says :wink: Just gotta find the trick… hmmm…

Is it for a “country” with multiple “regional associations” that we’re counting, here?

In reply to M1EYP:
40)High Street G/LD-011 (LD-002 LD-003 LD-005 LD-007 prime numbers)

Roger G4OWG

In reply to M1EYP:
27) Malta (9H)

In reply to M1EYP:
26g The Bin Hill) GM/ES-084 Bin of Cullen?

Jonathan
M6HBS

In reply to M1EYP:
45) I’d say none, as surely the opportunity to make it P100 would have been taken if there were anything to be gained by it.

In reply to M1EYP:
44) GD/GD-004 Bradda Hill?

Jonathan
M6HBS