SOTA Chase of GW/NW-001 Activation today

I believe you’re referring to the Fresnel region in the radiative near field close in to an antenna, rather than the Fresnel zone in the far field. But this is a moot point, and interests only those who have studied such stuff in great detail - which neither of us has done, right? :nerd_face:

It doesn’t get much better than that!

Phil, I hear you often, here in Ulverston, on 2fm when you are working SOTA stations in LD or NW.

Thanks for report David - I hear you also from time to time, also 2E0MIX and occaionally, but only in a tropo lift G1OHH.

73 Phil

Hi Phil

I would put 10 MHz in the HF rather than MF band.

VLF - 3 to 30 kHz
LF - 30 to 300 kHz
MF - 300 to 3000 kHz
HF - 3 to 30 MHz

Nick

1 Like

I realised from your comment Rob the Satellite Map obtainable in line via Google is pretty much up to date. The aerials were only installed on 24 June 2018 so the image is later than that. I can’t date it exactly but sometime from then onwards.

73 Phil

1 Like

Quite discrete from the front when the mast’s lowered Phil. I’m envious, my wife seems to have even stricter views on aerials than county planners :slightly_frowning_face:

Sorry for not being an active part of this conversation, I’ve been busy running a vintage computer event in the Windermere today. Anyway, I am a lot more ‘amateur’ than the rest of you, so will just comment that it has been a fantastic conversation and very interesting and informative!

Back to PDPs, VAXen and other DEC kit tomorrow for a day before normality resumes…