Snowdonia 2018

Just in case anyone is wondering, these three one pointers are nearly two pointers, start from near enough sea level and are either steep, stupidly steep, or dangerously steep. Factoring in the tricky vegetation-thick nature of the steep ascent of Gamallt, then full respect is due to any superhuman that did all three in a day!

You may have been younger Gerald, but at 48 myself, I was perfectly content to tackle these on separate days to each other!

VFM is pointless if it wrecks the enjoyment of the day. It would have done for me. I’m sure it didn’t for you, and as I say, I’m impressed!

Many thanks for the comments Tom. We did enjoy the day though it was almost spoilt for me by a lack of contacts from Gamallt. Thankfully John GW4BVE and a couple of others came to the rescue and all was well, but hard work on the radio is the last thing you want when the actual amount of physical effort is hard. The day must have made an impression on me as I can visualise every ascent route. :slight_smile: