Small Database Update

I’ve done a quick update to the Chaser Log features on the database. This came about due to reports that some logs were not displaying OK.

The display is a bit of a hack for several reasons. Last time this happened I added the option of displaying just 12months of log rather than the whole thing. That reduced the amount data processed by the database and server and also sent to your browser. It also meant I could re-enable the confirmation code. That code is well crufty and does the confirmation on the fly. The result is if you have a big log then the on the fly calculations are quite slow.

The current fix is a short term one as I will have to code this properly as SOTA continues to grow at a scary pace. But in the meantime the display has been changed to minimise the data downloaded. Now the default option is to display just the last 6 months log. Options include the previous 6 months log (i.e. the 6 months before the last 6 months) and last 12 months along with complete years of data.

If you are logged in you see the full display else you get the short form display. If you want to see if the contact is confirmed you need to select the “show confirmations” tick box and then click “show”. The display will update with the star appearing where valid. You can also click “show unconfirmed only” to see the contacts which are not confirmed. The performance boost when not checking for confirmations is dramatic on my development PC but may not be so obvious on the production server.

It seems to be working fine for me but if you see anything funny happening or spot any bugs mail me and mm0fmf_sota AT intermoose.com and put the word DATABASE in the subject.

I can now enjoy a small drink. All the best for 2013!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:> I can now enjoy a small drink. All the best for 2013!

Andy
MM0FMF

And to you and thanks for your efforts.
Mike G6TUH
about to pour something made on one of your islands… :sunglasses:

In reply to G6TUH:

Andy has an island !!!

HNY all
David G6LKB

In reply to G6LKB:

In reply to G6TUH:

Andy has an island !!!

HNY all
David G6LKB

ha ha! I was going to put “I think you mean OUR islands”

At least for a while yet ;))))

In reply to G6LKB:

In reply to G6TUH:

Andy has an island !!!

Well he sort of does have an island, via the nation of Scotland. I very much have enjoyed the Islay liquid product… :sunglasses:

Good luck to all in 2013.

Mike G6TUH

In reply to G6TUH:

I had a Laphroaig or two last night. Even the 10yr old needs a few drops of water to slacken it off. Very pleasant it was too as was the Cardhu and Knockando I had to keep it company.

Nobody has complained about the changes yet which is always a good sign.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to G6TUH:

I very much have enjoyed the Islay liquid product… :sunglasses:

Drink the Talisker and think of the Cuillin!

HNY

Brian

In reply to G8ADD:
Son bought me Old Poultney 12yr - it evaporates at an alarming rate :wink:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:

You guys are making me thirsty and it’s barely past noon! Will wait a few more hours before breaking out the Glenmorangie.

73, Bill W4ZV

In reply to G4OWG:

In reply to G8ADD:
Son bought me Old Poultney 12yr - it evaporates at an alarming rate

I know, this is the weakness of the stuff. The companies do not seem interested in cracking this evaporation problem. I can see why from a business point of view. When I put away my Islay liquid I could have sworn it was 2/3rds full. This afternoon about 1700 when I had a look ready for a drop it was 2/3rds empty. They have to do something about this volatile liquid.

Glad database is not receiving any comment.

:sunglasses:

Mike G6TUH

In reply to MM0FMF:

In reply to G6TUH:

I had a Laphroaig or two last night. Even the 10yr old needs a few
drops of water to slacken it off. Very pleasant it was too as was the
Cardhu and Knockando I had to keep it company.

Nobody has complained about the changes yet which is always a good
sign.

Good stuff Andy. You are spoilt :sunglasses:

Mike G6TUH

In reply to W4ZV:

Don’t worry Bill, the time will come :sunglasses:
Waiting for the evening meal, having a sip, and keeping an ear out for any of these US SOTA’s in the meantime. Wish I had a beam, not the liquid Jim.
73 Mike G6TUH

In reply to G4OWG:

You guys are making me thirsty and it’s barely past noon! Will wait a few more hours before breaking out the Glenmorangie.

73, Bill W4ZV