Short Whernside video

For some reason I couldn`t sleep last night so I got up & left the house at 0430. I was active on the summit of Great Coum G/NP-011 just after 0600 utc. I was hoping to catch some dx on 40/60m - however all I heard were SP contest stations. After a self spot I managed to work 6 stations - all known sota chasers. I had carried 2 x 7AH slabs up with me but decided to pack up after hearing the state of the bands.
Back at the car I sat on the back seat & woke up an hour later. Now it was time to activate G/NP-004 Whernside. I normally tackle this summit from the South as a pair with Ingleborough, however this time I came from the North East & it took at most 30 mins from the car. A better effort on this one saw around 87 contacts in the log.
Short video on you tube :- Whernside - YouTube
Click the HQ button for best quality.

I must say that your videos are quite impressive Steve. But not as impressive as 30 minutes to ascend Whernside! Billy 2E0WJC and I took 1 hr and 6 mins taking the same route as you and we had not done a summit before either.

73 Chris 2E0FSR

Very nice video, Steve. I am glad that Sabina and I made S2S QSO with you. HPE CUAGN.

73, Milos S57D

In reply to G1INK:

very windy over there Steve … thanks for the S2S QSO. Cu Nxt sota.

Luc ON6DSL

In reply to G1INK:

Great video Steve & a very impressive time to the summit of Whernside!!

I’m sorry I missed you, I didn’t play any radio that day, not even 4 metres in the contest which I had been really looking forward to. I have now built one of the 4m j-poles which works a treat & have one of the Wouxon handhelds on order so should be QRV on 4m FM from a summit once it arrives.

The weather isn’t looking too promising for the Easter weekend, but with a bit of luck I will drag myself out of my shack & onto a hill or two.

Mark G0VOF

In reply to G1INK:
CHEERS STEVE ANOTHER UNIQUE SUMIT IN THE BAG FOR ME, ALWAYS A PLEASURE AND I WILL CATCH YOU FURTHER DOWN THE PAGE AS THEY SAY…
REGARDS RICH (M0EAF)