Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

Shoe Goo

I have discovered a small cut in the sole of my right boot,while not expensive boots they dont have many miles on them so worth a repair IMO.

Looking around i see a product called shoe goo, has anyone used this stuff and if so is it any good? Sean M0GIA

In reply to M0GIA:
It works well, I use it an a sealent for Peli cases when running cables out of them for bullet cameras for filming, it is the only stuff I have found that sticks well to the plastic of the case and maintains a seal.

I have fixed a few seals on boots with it and they are still working now.

In reply to M0GIA:

I’ve seen it offered for £2.99 a tube, a price at which it is worth trying. One thing to watch out for is whether this really is a cut or whether it is a flaw in the sole material. If it’s a flaw you may find similar defects continue to appear as you use the boots.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to M0GIA:
ShoeGoo: Sticks well, bonds poorly, seals great. When using, don’t try and “touch up” the application with your finger or any tool, you’ll only make it look worse.
Stu

In reply to KI6J:
Thanks for the replys and advice on applying Shoegoo, i have probably stood on a nail while cutting up pallets for the wood burner … it looks like a cut and if i pick up a tube of shoe goo cheap then nothings lost. Sean M0GIA