Shack Sloth

Apologies if I have missed something here, but may I take this opportunity to congratulate Kevin M0XLT for gaining the Shack Sloth award. What stands out is that Kevin achieved this using VHF. He may not be the first and probably wont be the last to do this but a fine effort none the less.

Not only SOTA but Amateur Radio in general is a fascinating hobby and we all have our favourite bands & modes but it is not difficult to gain 1000 points quickly using HF rattling off all the Eurorean big pointers but to do this using VHF no doubt requires alot of time and patience. Well done Kevin.

I doubt the database could ever be split ( VHF/UHF & HF) but would it be possible to endorse the award ‘VHF Shack Sloth’ for those that would prefer it? No doubt people will follow this by asking for ’ Microwave Sloth’ or ‘CW Sloth’ and more but its just a thought.

Maybe I have opened a can of worms here but its just my humble opinion and I await the backlash!

73 and may all your days off be sunny ones.

Chris 2E0FSR

In reply to 2E0FSR:
Well done Kevin hadn’t noticed you had reached Slothdom, bet you wish it was just 6m :-).
Endorsements could be acheived quite easily Chris without any change to the system - just supply a small tasteful sticker with the certificate. Or a small card with the Trophy.

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:

Congrats to Kevin on achieving Shlothdom!
Kevin is the chairman of our local radio group, Craven Radio Amateur Group,
known as CRAG ,see piccies ,cravenradio.co.uk
He achieved the CRAG award using 6 mtrs only,
Well done Kev,

73 de Geoff G4CPA

Well done Kevin & congratulations

73 Graham G4JZF

Congratulations Kevin on attaining Shacksloth status. Well done mate and thanks for the contact for my CRAG Award.

73 Mike GW0DSP