Sgurr na Ciche

Oh ho! Someone else out having fun in the NW of Scotland. I’ve just noticed that Andrew GM0UDL has been spotted on GM/WS034 Sgurr na Ciche. Now Sgurr na Ciche is a proper mountain. Ask a wee bairn to draw a mountain and they draw Sgurr na Ciche, it’s a classic cone shape. It’s a rugged climb in another of the fantastic bits of Scotland. Bordering on the edge of the Knoydart peninsula, the last true remaining wilderness in the UK as there are no roads there, Sgurr na Ciche stands proud. It’s the 25th most prominent peak in the UK. Just getting there is a challenge… drive to Spean Bridge then drive 35kms along a narrow single track road by Loch Arkaig, park at tiny parking area at the dead end having passed nothing and nobody, then walk at least 11kms to the summit and climb about 1200m. It’s down hill the way back but still 11kms and then there’s the drive back to civilisation.

Entering Empty Country © Adam Ward :: Geograph Britain and Ireland.
Top (760) on the west ridge of Sgurr na... © Roger Boston :: Geograph Britain and Ireland

To Andrew, respect!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Thanks for that Andy,

I did not want to take any HF hear with me for that ones so only managed to activate it on the last Hill GM/WS034.
The road in from Gairlochy to the start is severe as you know at times you dont see the road over the bonnet of the car, it drops so quick. So if anybody is going there it takes a long time to get in.
It was cloudy when we were up but no rain and it did clear from time to time.
Took the Mountain bike to speed up the 3 mile track to the cottage.
Hoping to go up north this week so will take 817 and a 60m dipole this time.
I have been doing the Munros for years and taking 2mtrs with me before SOTA.
Thanks
Andrew