Serious gales in LD

Seriously windy here at the moment,reports of 100mph gusts on the tops Take care
Rob
G4RQJ

In reply to G4RQJ:

Seriously windy here at the moment,reports of 100mph gusts on the tops
Take care

Tell me about it! Returned from the Dunstable Radio Rally, to be greeted by my neighbour, asking if wouldn’t mind removing a 15ft section of one of my trees, that had snapped off in the wind and landed in their garden :frowning:

Mike 2E0YYY
(looking for a chainsaw)

In reply to G4RQJ:

Hi Rob

We’d noticed… and you forgot to mention the persistent torrential rain…

Gerald and I gave up and came home after looking out of the window of our accommodation in Cockermouth this morning, first time ever the Wx has completely beaten us :frowning:

73 de Paul G4MD

In reply to G4MD:
Sorry to here that Paul but a good call, sun has just come out here on the coast but still blowing hard
Rob
G4RQJ

In reply to G4MD:

Sensible decision, Paul, never argue with the weather!

It looks like another couple of hours before the cold front reaches me here, but I have just had to go and secure the polythene cover of my small greenhouse before it set sail for Scandinavia!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Paul doesn’t mention that the 70mph gusts yesterday had us both on our backsides on Dale Head. In the interest of minimising risk, we had “dummed down” to Dale Head and Robinson from Grisedale Pike and Grasmoor. What it’s like on those summits today, I can only imagine. The MWIS forecast was for 110mph on the tops!

73, Gerald G4OIG