Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

Self spotting by SMS - format

Can someone quickly refresh my memory of the format for a SMS spot? I tried it from Bishop Wilton Wold last week but couldnt remember the format! I’ll set a template up on my phone

Martin

In reply to G7MRV:

Everything you need is here -

http://www.intermoose.com/SMSBOT-usage.txt

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G3VQO:

Thanks Les, you beat me to it.

Martin if you have a phone running Symbian S60 3rd edition or higher you can have a copy of the program that makes entering spots trivial.

Here is your log entry:

Thu Jun 16 11:32:16 2011: +CMGL: 1,“REC UNREAD”,"+44xxxxxxxxx","",“11/06/16,11:
31:30+04”,G7mrv g/tw-004 145.5
Thu Jun 16 11:32:16 2011: Bad format: only 3 fields in message

Turn around time from you hitting send on your phone to me processing the spot was 46 seconds. FYI you can use ! for your call and you need to split the reference into its country and summit parts. You don’t need the -, I’ll insert that if it’s not there.

i.e. ! g tw004 145.5

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Many thanks fellas

I can see what i did wrong now! I’ll set a template up for next time. I dont use a smartphone, just an old thing im afraid.

Cheers

Martin G7MRV

In reply to G3VQO:
Hi,

being relatively new to SOTA can anyone tell me how do you register for the gateway for sending an SMS spot?

Thanks

Colwyn
MM6YCJ

In reply to MM6YCJ:Hi Colwyn
Contact Andy MM0FMF.And he will sort you out ATB Geoff G6MZX

In reply to G6MZX:
…and how do you contact Andy?

In reply to G1STQ:
Leave a message on here with your email address and ask him to contact you.It would not be fair for me to publish it.Thanks Geoff

…and how do you contact Andy?

You take a look at

http://www.sota.org.uk/AboutSOTA

which contains a brief Bio and contact info for all the SOTA management team

Colin G8TMV

In reply to G8TMV:
Thanks.

In reply to G3VQO:

Hello,

Thanks for the information. But I don’t found where I have to register bevor using the gateway?

Best 73 de Laurent, F8CZI

Andy MM0FMF’s email address is on the GM (Scotland) ARM.

Jimmy M3EYP