Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

Seasonal Bonus

In reply to GW7AAV:

(With advance apologies)

very suspiscious about any of the runny cheeses

Customer: Oh, I like it runny.

Wenslydale: Well,… It’s very runny, actually, sir.

Customer: No matter. Fetch hither the fromage de la Belle France! Mmmwah!

Wenslydale: I…think it’s a bit runnier than you’ll like it, sir.

Customer: I don’t care how runny it is. Hand it over with all speed.

Wenslydale: Oooooooooohhh…!

Customer: What now?

Wenslydale: The cat’s eaten it.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Andy, I have been resisting that since blue cheese was mentioned ;0)

are there any Winter bonus points?? when is the start date?

It is all clearly documented in ARMs, on the database and the website. Why don’t you just look it up?

because I had the impression that December was a bonus month and I didn’t get any :S so though something is wrong

Easy - just look it up - it is all fully documented.

hehe true! I omitted the ‘*’ at the bottom! No bonus for my wimp activation!

Well you will just have to find a 2 point summit as near you as you can get to, of which there are none in SE and then you will score bonus.

hehe yeah Englands ‘summits’ are in most cases less prominent than the cow poo that sits on top of it! :slight_smile:
Ill do my best to drive to Brecon Beacon at some point with the new year.

I regularly travel down the M4 to the Brecons. From 10 Jan - 7 Mar 16 I managed 58 points plus 36 winter bonus points equalling 94 points. Maybe see you down there is winter
73 Glyn

I have to prepare some overnight BnB to make it possible.
its 3+ hours drive from London.

We have always thoroughly enjoyed our SOTA trips to the Brecon Beacons, whether staying in B&B, YHA or camping. Lovely part of the world. Many tales to read about on the GW/SW section of my SOTA page - on http://tomread.co.uk

amazing blog!

Rumour has it Tasos that G/WB-002 to G/WB-005 each reduce in height by a good 1 centimetre each year on account of all the winter bonus activations carried out on them.:wink:

Hmm, enjoy those Brecon Beacons summits. Might be tempted to air the alternative call down that way sometime this winter.

73, Gerald G4OIG

Gaulfest anyone?

??

Have a look for Corndon Hill GW/MW-013 2003 in my blog.

“Monday 29th December was Gaulfest Day, conceived and arranged by Mark M0DEV and Dave M0DFA”

Saturday 23rd April 2006 - “The SP Fun Day turned out to be absolutely astonishing.”

Time we had another?

…organise one and see if you get any takers.

I thought someone would say that. You just couldn’t resist could you Richard? :smiley:

Any takers? I’ve got enough on my plate.