Scoring Questions

In reply to 2E0YYY:

I’m staying at my sisters place in Henley-on-Thames, next Tuesday
evening. Walbury Hill G/CE-001 is not too far from there, so I’ve
added an alert for next Wednesday morning.

I’ll be listening from work (in Andover) and will call if I hear you

In reply to M6ADB:

I’ll be listening from work (in Andover) and will call if I hear you

Cheers, Andrew.

Mike 2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:
Hi Mike,
I’ll take a radio into work, so if you’re still around at 12ish, I’ll give you a call too.

There you go, half way there already!

Walt > You’re probably right about the Trig point, but it seems to be one of those areas where public are tolerated so long as they behave themselves. Like you I set up not far from the gate. Plenty of fence posts around to strap a mast to.

Jonathan
M6HBS

In reply to M6HBS:

In reply to 2E0YYY:
Hi Mike,
I’ll take a radio into work, so if you’re still around at 12ish, I’ll
give you a call too.

There you go, half way there already!

Cheers Jonathan. Unlike Titterstone Clee, I’ll be unable to hook up to a golf ball, so expect a reduced signal :wink:

Mike 2E0YYY

In reply to G8TMV:

If you are interested in doing a joint activation…

Hi Colin, I believe we met at the CRG Rally this year. Most of my activations this Summer are being planned around existing (non-SOTA) family excursions, but a dedicated joint activation later in the year is an interesting idea. I’ll give that some thought over the next few weeks, then maybe we can get together for a beer to discuss what might work for us both. I’ve requested a change to my details on QRZ.COM and will add an email address in due course.

73, John 2E0VCO

In reply to M6ADB:
Gentlemen, I believe that congratulations are in order to Mike 2E0YYY who today activated Walbury Hill G/CE-001 on 2m FM and managed 47 contacts.

Well done Mike.

You can come home now as no-one likes a smart alec!

In reply to G1STQ:

Well done Mike.

Indeed… congratulations Mike!

My own activation of G/CE-002 Walton Hill on Sunday resulted in 17 QSOs all on 2m FM. Not quite in Mike’s league, but a good day out for me. Particularly enjoyable were S2S contacts with Viki M6BWA on G/WB-016 Wapley Hill and Rod M0JLA on G/WB-017 Shobdon Hill. They swapped hills during my activation, so I was able to work each of them separately on both summits, nicely topping and tailing my log. Many thanks to all callers.

73, John 2E0VCO

In reply to G1STQ:

Gentlemen, I believe that congratulations are in order to Mike 2E0YYY
who today activated Walbury Hill G/CE-001 on 2m FM and managed 47
contacts.

Well done Mike.

Absolutely… but just to avoid any confusion, Walbury is SE-001 not CE-001