Sat Nav Suggestions Please

I’ve finally given up on my ancient Tom Tom Go 710, the maps are about 6 years out of date and the cost of upgrading the maps is quite frankly, OTT. Shame as the battery life of this unit is fantastic, easily 5 hours.

I’ve had very few problems with the Tom Tom, however, I’ve read some reviews on the latest TT mapping and there seem to be one or two unhappy bunnies out there. Not really what you want if you’re looking for the start of a remote summit.

I’ve no experience of Garmin mapping, however, a friend swears it’s much better.

I’m well aware, Sat Navs have moved on leaps and bounds since I purchased my 710 so I’m wondering what other of the bells and whistles you find useful.

Basically I’m looking for something that will get me to within a reasonable distance from the start of a summit, around the £150-200 range and it must have Bluetooth and full European mapping. The unit that ticks virtually all the boxes is

http://tinyurl.com/9qd6ckf

especially as it comes with free lifetime map upgrade, but rather infuriatingly, not full European mapping :frowning:

Any thoughts please?

TIA
Mike 2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:

I use the Garmin Nuvi 2495LMT, wide screen sat nav with lifetime map updates and traffic information. Cool split screen when you approach motorway junctions to show you which lane you need, also shows a photo of the junction. Has voice control if you like that sort of thing, full bluetooth compatability and comes with full Europe & UK mapping. Available now sub £150 (think I paid a bit more for mine). No gripes about the unit so far.

edit - strange that the pound sign doesnt show in the post but its there if I try to edit! £££££££££££££££££££££££££

In reply to G1INK:

In reply to 2E0YYY:

I use the Garmin Nuvi 2495LMT, wide screen sat nav with lifetime map
updates and traffic information.

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for the heads-up!

This unit is available at Amazon with lifetime maps and traffic, for under £150 and is definitely on my shortlist.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:
Shocking news.

Absolutely shocking…

“I’ve no experience of Garmin mapping, however, a friend swears it’s much better”

…You have a friend?

PS Buy a Garmin.

In reply to G1STQ:

…You have a friend?

Nah, not really…

PS Buy a Garmin.

It’s looking like I’m going down the Garmin route. For another eight quid, I can get the one Steve suggested, but with a 5 Inch Screen.

73 Mickey
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:
The bigger screen can really help.

I have a Zumo 660 on the bike and this has a big screen too.