Following a SOTA contact between VK2IO and myself via short path on 20m recently we are planning to try for S2S contacts between Europe and Australia and invite everyone to join in. This is the plan for 25th April currently:
- 9H4RH/P will activate 9H/GO-001 from 05:30z on 20m and 17m
- G0NMD will operate from a Welsh summit (tbd) as GW0ND/P from 06:00 again 20m and 17m
- VK2IO will activate a summit (tbd)
- initial mode will be CW but SSB will be tried
- any other summit station is encouraged to join in and try for S2S contacts
- the primary aim is to make S2S contacts between Europe and Australia. When those contacts have been made the activators will make regular SOTA contacts.
- 9H/GO-001 is fairly rare (I am the main activator as in summer I live close) so I will stay on the summit for at least a couple of hours making as many contacts as possible. I suspect other activators will do the same
- any station who would like to activate a summit at that time and to join in will be most welcome
- if there are several summits activated at the same time we will use frequencies close to each other - details will be announced
Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions!