S.u.c.m.e. 2011

OK1DVM and OK1DIG will be active from 10th do 17th September from Ukraine Carpathian Mountains. The calls will be UT/OK1DVM/P and UT/OK1DIG/P. The plan is to activate at least one summit a day if the weather will be favourable. If everything goes well, the UT/CA-001 “Hoverla” will be conquered. Please listen on the usual SOTA frequencies, the activations are likely to happen at noon or early afternoon local time ( UTC + 3 hrs ). We have asked Vrata OK1KT to pilot our activity, since we don’t know if we can spot thru GSM on site. Don’t expect booming signals, the rigs are KX1,HB-1 and FT817(backup) with dipole antennas.
The official name of the expedition is Sota Ukraine Carpathian Mountains Expedition 2011 ( Short S.U.C.M.E. 2011 ). We will try to update the info, if we will have access to internet.

73’s an cu from UT soon
Dan / OK1DIG (S.U.C.M.E. 2011)

In reply to OK1DIG:
Great plan!
I will be activating OK/MO-034 at about 0900 UTC (1200 Ukrainian time) on September 10. Hope for S2S QSO.
Good luck and take care, guys.
73 Ruda OK2QA

In reply to OK2QA:
Hi Ruda,
thanks for the information, we will arrive at about 6 UTC after 18hrs bust trip on 10th, however if weather is OK and we will feel OK, we plan to activate one summit.
Currently it’s raining cats and dogs there, so we will se how the trails are after we arrive. A S2S QSO with you would be a wonderful start of the expedition.

73’s Dan / OK1DIG ( S.U.C.M.E. 2011 )

In reply to OK1DIG:
Hi Dan,
sorry, for the reasons beyond my control I have to change the activation date to Sunday, September 11. Hope to QSO then.
73, Ruda OK2QA