Rucksack Radio Tool not receiving spots (fixed with 13/1/16 version)

Thanks Bogdan - my phone auto-updated SOTA Spotter on my phone this morning.

In case no one else has, I have sent an email to Joerg about RRT asking if he has time to change the program to work with the revised requirements.

73 Ed.

Bogdan, email Christophe ON6ZQ about your app. He maintains a webpage listing SOTA apps and webpages.

Thanks Bogdan…your app updated itself earlier in the morning.

Ed…I too have sent an e-mail to Jorg informing him of the problem with RRT.

73 Allan GW4VPX

I will, thanks for the suggestion!

Added :wink:

http://www.on6zq.be/w/index.php/SOTA/Software

My RRT is now receiving spots, however, I’m not sure if it is capable of spotting at the moment… Joerg informed me that an update to RRT will be available towards the end of the week.

73 Allan GW4VPX

1 Like

Just tested updated version of RRT for Joerg…it worked as seen on the spots…no doubt he will make it available shortly…

Allan GW4VPX

Great, thanks!

RRT update from Joerg DL1DLF

To overcome the latest issues an updated version of Rucksack Radio Tools is now available to download directly to Android phone from http://www.dl1dlf.de/Rucksack_Radio_Tool_Latest.apk

Allan GW4VPX

1 Like

You beat me to the post Allan!

http://www.dl1dlf.de/Rucksack_Radio_Tool_Latest.apk

Is tested and working again - Please NOTE: you have to re-enter your SOTAWatch account and password and which SMS gateway you use (if you use SMS) in the settings section of the app before it can send spots. You also need to chose which sound/voice/vibrate you want as well - default is the app is quiet.

73 Ed.

1 Like

no problem exiting here - just press the normal exit button on the phone (bottom right under the screen - looks like a turn-around symbol arrow on a map).

Excellent - so easy using QR Droid to download. Deleted the old version first to avoid any conflict. There is many a software supplier that could do well by taking a leaf out of Joerg’s book. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Peter,

No, I’m a paper logger - on weatherproof paper of course. I hadn’t thought about its spotting and notification capability.

Thanks.

Ron
VK3AFW

PS
RRT back and running again at least for the moment. I have no hope that it will do so without a hiccup for the rest of the year as the new web page etc hasn’t got to omega version yet.

Hi Bogdan,

Sorry for the late response. Page wanted me to re-register. BT!

As I said in my email I tried to contact you via the link in the Help file. It does look like a web page is involved so as you say the form was broken.

I deleted the program and then loaded the update and it now runs but only with manual requests foe updates. Self sync seems to be off regardless of the box being ticked for on.

I have previously registered for sms spotting from VK but can’t activate this feature on SOTA Spotter. I keep getting the register instructions.

Thanks for your efforts.

Ron
VK3AFW

The spots list is refreshed automatically once every minute while it is displayed. Whenever the spots list isn’t on the screen the app updates the list in the background (if “Background sync” is checked in Settings) at the specified interval. This is useful if you have notifications set up.