Retrospective Summits

In reply to G8ADD:

just how much computing capacity might be needed

Ah but due to foresight we have that facility built in to the database code. I can change a summit point value and rescore every chaser and activator log in a few minutes. However, the bulging email inbox I have whenever people’s scores change unexpectedly means the feature has been used just 3 times since I became database bod.

However, retrospective changes are bad. Take Formula 1 racing, the rules change every year to change engine size, allow or remove turbochargers, change aerodynamics, allow software control of the car etc. If previous wins using valid cars were deleted retrospectively whenever the rules changed there’d never be any previous results to look at!

They don’t normally make changes to the law retrospective. The only politician to have done so in recent memory was a certain G. Brown Esq. who retrospectively changed car taxation in the UK. The result was a lot of unhappy motorists. As for G. Brown Esq. where is he now? Exactly, a distant and unwelcome memory and certainly no longer at the forefront of politics :slight_smile:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

They don’t normally make changes to the law retrospective. The only
politician to have done so in recent memory was a certain G. Brown
Esq. who retrospectively changed car taxation in the UK. The result
was a lot of unhappy motorists. As for G. Brown Esq. where is he now?
Exactly, a distant and unwelcome memory and certainly no longer at the
forefront of politics :slight_smile:

G. Brown Esq. may have set in motion a retrospective change, but it was approved by Parliament and thus the responsibility is shared by all those in the House that voted “yes”, or is that “Aye”! Similarly, if (a BIG if) the rules changed to delete scores retrospectively then the responsibility would be shared by the MT!

Fear not, it isn’t about to happen!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

G. Brown Esq. may have set in motion a retrospective change

And the motorists dumped him as PM at the 1st chance they got. :wink:

Andy
MM0FMF

I emailed Royal Thimphu College RS and await a reply.

I have had no reply from Thimphu. The A5A dxpedition donated their equipment in 2012 but I suspect the RS is defunct. If any one knows better please email me (detail on QRZ) or post here. My intention was to draw attention to Bhutan RS of SOTA given all those sharp points in the country… :sunglasses:

Mike G6TUH