Resurrection of an Earlier Callsign

I have resurrected my original callsign (G6DTN) with the intention of using it for HF contacts only, up to 30MHz. Don’t be surprised to hear an unfamiliar call with a familiar voice. I’ll be using M0DFA for QSOs above 30MHz. What happens if I ever get involved in a cross-band QSO I’m not sure, but a couple of pints of Black Sheep or Coniston ‘Old Man’ will probably help, HI.

Regards, Dave, G6DTN/M0DFA

In reply to M0DFA:
I thought Ofcom had stated, at the time the class A/B distinction was removed, that an individual could only hold one callsign at a given level. Have they changed their minds, or is it that their junk software has allowed you to “get away with it”?

In reply to M1MAJ: They must have changed their minds. No dodgy software - all done on paper. I went on the OFCOM website, downloaded the relevent form, checked with OFCOM in a 'phone call that it was the correct form and that I could hold both licences, filled in the form, sent it with a cheque by snail mail on Monday, and my old call had been resurrected when I looked on their website this evening.

Regards, Dave, M0DFA/G6DTN

In reply to M1MAJ:

I recently spoke to Ofcom on this very subject, and they confirmed it was in order and sent me the appropriate paper form. It does state within this that the only case where isssue of an additional callsign is permitted is in the re-issuing of a previously held Class B call - bit of a special case I suppose.

Unfortunately you also have to re-submit the original RAE pass slip - mine has disappeared in the intervening 30 years, divorce and several housemoves so it doesn’t look like my old call will be resurrected…

73 de Paul G4MD

In reply to G4MD:
Thanks for the useful information. Not directly relevant to me of course, but it saves me from giving bad advice to others, and I know somebody locally who might well be interested.