Report about the 1st Swiss Summit Activation Day held on June 13, 2015

Using a Doodle link, 22 hams registered for the 1st Swiss Summit Activation Day. As it turns out, more than a quarter of our members participated in the event. As a sign of my thanks for this participation in our 1st Summit Activation Day, as the President of HB9SOTA I attempted to have a QSO with every Swiss station from my QTH at Rigi Kulm (HB/SZ-021). The result was a total of 22 S2S contacts with Swiss stations from 40m to 6m in both CW and SSB. Once again, my grateful thanks to all. It was a great deal of fun to meet with so many Swiss activators on the bands. The weather forecast was somewhat uncertain, but as the day wore on the weather got better and better. We would be delighted to hear your own stories about the 1st Swiss Summit Activation Day for the SOTA News.

The Board of Directors of HB9SOTA is so overwhelmed by the fantastic participation in our 1st Swiss Summit Activation Day that we will repeat this event in 2016 at the same time of year. In the name of the HB9SOTA Board of Directors, we thank everyone who participated in the 1st Swiss Summit Activation Day – both activators and chasers – and extend our wishes for continued successful activations.

Juerg Regli, HB9BIN
President, Swiss SOTA Group

2 Likes