RBNHole down 2018/7/16

@VK3ARR RBNHole appears to be down and not presently posting spots. Please listen for activators on their posted frequencies and spot them! Now would also be a great time to start using HamAlert and setup some RBN triggers.

It should kick off again in a few minutes

1 Like

With the growing interest in using FT8 mode, where there is always activity, and its greater sensitivity, as well as auto logging, it would be quite helpful if RBN Hole also would automatically spot FT8 stations that had previously posted an ALERT. Here is the reply I received from the RBN people:

On 7/20/2018 11:21, N4ZR wrote:

Hi Lance - we are still experimenting with FT8.Ă‚ For the moment, FT8 spots are available on a separate Telnet feed from regular spots, at telnet.reversebeacon.net port 7001.
73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at http://reversebeacon.net, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
“retail” DX cluster.

I hope the above information is helpful in resulting to RBN HOLE being able to automatically spot SOTA FT8 stations :wink: MNI TNX and VY 73, Lance

This has been raised in a number of other threads. Right now I have about a gazillion other things to deal with first without writing up code to handle only a minor sub-1% of activations.

And I believe CC User is also passing FT8 spots iffen you really want, need, have to, see them…Later,

Todd KH2TJ