Rallies and talks

A SOTA stand will be exhibited at the “Radioactive Show”, the MIDCARS Rally at Nantwich, on Sunday 21st February 2010. Jimmy M3EYP and I will be running the stand, but if any other SOTA participants are attending the rally in their SOTA T-shirt/sweatshirt, then I would welcome the chance to have a look around myself while someone else looks after the stand for a while.

The traditional annual SOTA meet will be at the Norbreck rally on Sunday 11th April 2010. A SOTA stand and display will be run by myself, Jimmy M3EYP, and hopefully Rob G4RQJ and Audrey. Brian M0OYG has already offered to do a stint as well - thanks Brian. We look forward to meeting many SOTA friends old and new again on the day, and hopefully maintain/raise the profile of SOTA here in its ‘heartland’ of North West England. And maybe further afield too, as parties from GM, GI and EI usually attend this rally.

On Tuesday 23rd February 2010, I will be delivering a talk and presentation about SOTA at the Wrexham ARS. On Friday 3rd July 2010 I am doing a SOTA-related talk about a couple of radio amateurs walking the Pennine Way (and activating a few summits along the way!) at the Coventry ARS.

Talks are also pencilled in for the Forest of Dean ARS and the South Cheshire ARS, but dates yet to be confirmed.

Club talks available are:

SOTA (the main presentation about Summits on the Air)
SOTA on the Pennine Way
SOTA in Northern Ireland

and also a different talk about Offshore Pirate Radio. Just get in touch if your club would like me to visit and do one of these. All my SOTA talks are co-presented by Jimmy M3EYP - unless he has school in the morning!

Tom M1EYP

…and to complete the list…

On Monday 8th March I will be doing a SOTA presentation to the Milton Keynes Amateur Radio Society (MKARS) at their club facilities in Bletchley Park (also the future home of the National Amateur Radio Centre, currently under construction)

I would be delighted to see anyone who happens to be a member or is coming along for the talk. If you do come just for the talk, contact MKARS re. access or see the “visiting arrangements” link on their website at www.mkars.org.

If there are any other clubs “down South” away from Tom wanting a SOTA talk sometime, let me know.

73 Marc G0AZS

FB Marc. I should have mentioned that we a much wider range for talks and presentations thanks to yourself, and indeed a much better Powerpoint presentation these days as well, also thanks to you.

Anyone who is in a radio club, please gauge if there would be any interest in any of the SOTA (or other) presentations at your club, and let me know if so.

Tom M1EYP

Just a note that there will be a range of SOTA sweatshirts and T-shirts on sale this Sunday at the Nantwich rally. More could be available for the Blackpool rally and/or orders collected from there.

Tom M1EYP