Radio & Electronics Show 11th November Kempton Par

Does anyone know if there is to be a SOTA stand or representation at the Radio & Electronics Show in November?

In reply to ON4ROS:

Hi Douglas,

I’m a trader at the Kempton Show and I don’t recall seeing a SOTA stand there.

Busy show, always well attended.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:
Thanks for the heads-up. We are intending to visit the show from Belgium and also activate some summits whilst we are in the UK that weekend. So we are SOTAists from Belgium.
73’s de ON4ROS (G1NZB)

In reply to ON4ROS:
Just curious, can someone post an internet link to the show? Also when it happens I would love to see pics of the SOTA booth.

Tom, SM/N2YTF

In reply to N2YTF:

Just curious, can someone post an internet link to the show? Also
when it happens I would love to see pics of the SOTA booth.

http://www.radiofairs.co.uk/

Colin G8TMV

In reply to N2YTF:

Hi Tom,

There are no plans for a SOTA stand at this event at present. However, should a volunteer step forward, I will provide every support for them to represent SOTA at Kempton Park.

Our main annual event is the Norbreck Castle show at Blackpool (where the Tour of Britain cycle race reached yesterday). Blackpool is very central to the British Isles overall, and much closer to the main hill and mountain areas, such as the Lake District and the Pennines. It is also conveniently located for visitors from EI, GI, GM, GW and GD.

You can see pictures of the event here: Billinge Hill SP-017

Photos of previous years can be seen by scrolling to the foot of that webpage and selecting a year.

The next major SOTA representation will be at the RSGB Convention at Horwood House, near Milton Keynes, 12-14 October 2012. Jimmy 2E0EYP will present a session all about the SOTA programme on the Saturday, 10.45 to 11.30am. We also have a slot on Sunday, 9.00 to 9.45am, in which we present about the global expansion of the SOTA programme and bring details of developments and achievements over the last 12 months. Both in lecture stream 3.

There won’t be a stand/booth as such, but we will have a small selection of SOTA merchandise available with us.

Tom M1EYP