QSPing QSO Reports

While just in Qso with Al DJ5AA/P on DM/SX-104 in heavy local QRM someone gave my report.

I did hear my report from Al himself and don’t know if I should claim the QSO and points!!

whoever does this probably thinks that they are helping, BUT it can invalidate the QSO.

PLEASE stop this practice, it only causes problems.

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

QSPing is a bad habit for anyone to get into. However, in this case Mike you heard the report from Al directly therefore it is a valid QSO regardless of whether you heard the QSP as well. Because of the vast QRM on top of Al I was also unsure of the validity of my QSO with Al so worked him on 10Mhz for Gud QSO.

73 Glyn

In reply to GM4CFS:

Am going to try wrkng Al on 30m now but lid local ish.

73 Mike GW0DSP

PS wrkd him on 30m to make sure, hi.

In reply to GW0DSP:

Hi Mike

I heard both sides and Al was patient with stations throwing their calls in whilst he was trying to get his 559 over to you. He tried moving up and down a bit until you finally managed to copy it. Anyway, the only person to be satisfied that the contact was good is yourself, so put it in the data-base without concern.

Just to be sure you wisely made an insurance contact on 10.116 a few mins later so there can be no complaints!

Roy G4SSH

In reply to G4SSH:

Thanks Roy for sound advice.

To be honest I’d already made the decision that I wasn’t going to claim the 40m QSO even though I had heard the rprt direct from AL, just in case it put anyone in doubt.

As you know I have since made a second QSO (insurance) with Al and got chance to explain to him what had happened, so the contact is now 100% good.

I think this lid is very close to me, and both Steve GW7AAV and myself have been affected by him/her in the past.

Cheers Roy

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

I think this lid is very close to me,

If it was on CW that must narrow the field somewhat…

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

In reply to GW0DSP:

I think this lid is very close to me,

If it was on CW that must narrow the field somewhat…

Richard
G3CWI

Unfortunately not the case Richard.

CW can be sent from a keyboard, or even automatically from some tranceivers by someone not well versed in the code.

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

…but to relay a report they have to be able to read it as well!

Richard

In reply to G3CWI:

…but to relay a report they have to be able to read it as well!

You can get machines to do that as well of course! Although nowhere near as well as a highly-trained brain/ear combination…

I have very occasionally had someone try to QSP a report on voice contacts - as said previously, no doubt the QSP’er thinks they are helping but it’s help I would rather do without.

73 de Paul G4MD

I remember telling a station he made a good contact after he confirmed the report correctly, after a very difficult QSO. As I did not tell the report myself that is not cheating I guess.

Peter

As far as I am concerned this is a deliberate QRM situation.