Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

Propagation on higher bands

Nice to hear lots of stations from North America pounding in on 10m. Seems like the F2 layer is waking up at last. Dont forget to give it a try especially if the low bands arent working.

ps edit for 2e0yyy, just listening to VO1CAL on his Antron 99.

In reply to G1INK:

Hi Steve

If you get half a chance could you take a listen to 29.690 MHz FM and see if you can hear the GB3GX Clee Hill repeater in Buxton?

It is on Beacon mode only, but a signal report will be useful!

Talking of Higher Bands - 23cm was fantastic last night, excellent propogation all across the UK.

Matt G8XYJ

In reply to G8XYJ:

Nothing heard on FM Matt although I can just detect a carrier present if I listen on SSB. The path is blocked by The Roaches G/HSP-026, whilst although only a HuMP towers over Gun Hill G/SP-013 by an extra 120m. Whilst my QTH is around 1100ft asl, Buxton is effectively in a bowl surrounded by hills.

In reply to G1INK:

Nice to hear lots of stations from North America pounding in on 10m.
Seems like the F2 layer is waking up at last. Dont forget to give it a try especially if the low bands arent working.

ps edit for 2e0yyy, just listening to VO1CAL on his Antron 99.

Funilly enough, I almost took a drive up to The Cloud with the A-99 this morning, Steve. The A-99 should be in its element on the 10m band. Mind you, even I have to admit, it’s bit of a handful to lug around and certainly not suitable for long ascents. However, when you find youself into serious DX, it suddenly becomes a whole lot lighter :wink:

73 Mike
2E0YYY