Posting activations for SOTA-France

Knowing that the French summits are now safely uploaded into the database, I thought I would post my planned activations for 1st April. However, the system has other ideas, and rejected F as a valid Association.

It would be beneficial to all if alerts for new Associations could be posted in advance of their start date, thus giving maximum publicity to launch-day activities.

Presumably we are “in the dark” about any planned W2 summit activity in March for the same reason, and, being so far from the epicentre of SOTA, they will need all the help they can get!

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G3VQO:

Good point.

Try now.

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

Great!! Thanks!!

In reply to G3VQO:

Knowing that the French summits are now safely uploaded into the
database,

Just tried to list them using ‘list all summits’ in database headers appear but tables seem to be blank ?

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:

Roger it works if you use “summits” at the top of this page.

The database is set so that the summit lists will only become viewable when they the “Valid from” date is reached. You can verify that an individual summit is in the database using the “Find a summit” feature. However, as Steve mentions, the full association/region lists can be viewed via SOTAwatch.

This is not so for the new W2 association at present, because I have not yet received the data to upload. I was going to suggest some alerts for the F association. I hope to be out and about on 1st April myself, and so would be interested to know times/bands/modes intended for possible S2S.

Rgds, Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP/G1INK:

Thanks Tom and Steve.

Roger G4OWG

In reply to M1EYP:

This is not so for the new W2 association at present, because I have
not yet received the data to upload.

Have converted W2 Assoc.manual data to Excel 2003 if its any use to you Tom.

Roger G4OWG

Thanks Roger.

I think I’d better wait for the spreadsheets from the W2 people to ensure consistency of format. They have a template to which they are working, meaning that there is no layour tinkering for me to do when I receive it (in theory); I just upload it straight to the DB.

Thanks for the offer though.

73, Tom