Possible Database Problem?

Hi folks!

I tried to upload a my latest updated .csv Activator file to the Database. It won’t accept it showing the working frequencies in ‘Red’ eg ‘14.285’ as opposed to the usual 14MHz etc.

I was able to upload my latest Chaser .csv ok.

Wonder if its at my end or the Database?

Cheers

Jack
GM4COX

In reply to GM4COX:

The last time I looked we didn’t have an allocation on 14.285Hz :slight_smile:

GM4COX,28/04/2012,1106,GM/SS-048,14.285,SSB,S58AL
GM4COX,28/04/2012,1112,GM/SS-048,14.285,SSB,CU3EJ
GM4COX,28/04/2012,1114,GM/SS-048,14.285,SSB,IK2VFM

Nice contact into The Azores.

Add the missing MHz and it will be fine.

Andt
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
Hi Andy!

“Add the missing MHz and it will be fine”

Nothing has changed in my .xls master Activator file (me thinks). The frequency column is just a number ie. 14.285 or 145.4 - always has been. Never been a problem before.

I had extracted the latest batch off the master file and coverted it to .csv then uploaded - as usual. Again I’ve always done it this way. Just this recent attempt the Database won’t accept?

When I look at the extracted .csv all looks okay??

Cheers

Jack

PS; There are 120 contacts (lines on the .xls file) in the extract over 7 activations.

In reply to GM4COX:

Interesting… this is probably related to enabling CSV uploads with more dupes in them. I wrote the code that allowed non-scoring summit dupes sometime ago. It was selectable as to how “dupey” a contact could be before it was rejected as a valid entry. I turned down the “dupeyness” factor to as low as possible the other day as people had been commenting on it. Now these aren’t dupes. I can only assume that the code path for the least “dupey” contact checker calls the old CSV parser. I didn’t delete the old parser when I updated it last year, just disabled its execution. Anyway, add the MHz for now and it should be OK. I’ll poke the code tonight, 10 min job.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
As mentioned - added MHz to the frequency and the Database accepted the entry. First time I’ve had to do this?

Cheers again

Jack (:>)

In reply to GM4COX:

Ho! Ho! Ho! How we all laughed here at FMF Labs as I cast a world weary eye of the changes. :wink:

And lo there was the error… some code had been placed inside the wrong part of an if/else construct. Fix is in place now and it should behave like it used to.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
Hi again Andy!

All fine now - ta! And hope you enjoyed your double activation yesterday?

Cheers

Jack (;>)

In reply to GM4COX:

Ah, good to know I’ve unbroken the database yet enhanced it :wink:

I can reccommend Corwharn. Trivial climb from the top car park on Backwater Reservoir, easy bimble along the heathery ridge and there you are, middle of nowhere but with glorious views all around. White Mounth to the North and interiguing Angus Glens summits elsewhere. LOS to Mount Blair and therefor endstop 3G coverage for selfspotting. Bonuses include a fence at the summit for the fishing rod and blisteringly hot sun and blue skies. My head looks like a lobster today!

Creigh Hill is a nice bonus. It’s been my bonus hill for 2 other activations but never activated by me before… once when I did Cat Law and then when I did Badundan Hill. I was too cold after Cat Law so wimped out onto Meall Mor instead. The heavens opened after Badundan Hill so I checked out parking for Creigh Hill then came home. There’s a track from the middle car park by Backwater Reservoir that leads to the top. Creigh Hill is a rare Double Topped Marilyn, you can do either top. I did Cairn Motherie and I’m guessing Cairn Plew has not been activated as it’s further away.

Just Crock, Hare Cairn and Mile Hill to do and that’s that bit of ES region complete.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Just Crock, Hare Cairn and Mile Hill to do and that’s that bit of ES region complete.

Obviously the medication hasn’t worked and you are still locked into those uniques… :slight_smile: More power to your elbow!

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to MM0FMF:
"Just Crock, Hare Cairn and Mile Hill to do and that’s that bit of ES region complete. "

Could barely hear you on 5MHz - or anybody else - but we made it on 7MHz CW for only our second CW contact! You missed the French Baronial castle taking your route to Corwharn - a really surprising place (but then I did a round of Corwharn and Cat Law so had to pass it to reach my car at Balintore).

For Crock park at Freuchies (there is a proper car park there) and then head along the track west of Crock. This is a very difficult hill to find clear access to unless they have felled a lot more trees. If you plan going on to Hare Cairn then I would not advise taking the direct route from the summit of Crock - it is steep and heavily forested. Round about NO227643 there is a boundary wall with a track leading down to the forestry track to the East, this was my route of least inconvenience! Despite the visually obvious direct ascent to the ridge of Hare Cairn (not on the map) this involves trying to cross the burn and its encompassing bog; there is a clear track up from NO239633 which won’t challenge the bellows too much. The road on the East side of Crock is a good route out to make the round trip, not busy and quite pleasant.

Barry GM4TOE

In reply to GM4TOE:

but we made it on 7MHz CW

I think the first CW QSO was on an ES region summit as well. Sorry for fluffing your call first time. I always loose the plot on UK calls with a secondary letter. So GM, GW, GI throw me and I need another bash to get it right. Last few activations have been peppered with “difficult” calls… EA8/DK1KVN/P on Pibble Hill and OK/OM6TC/P on Corwharn, people are trying to test my CW skills!

French Baronial castle

No I saw it when I did Cat Law. The guy has an interesting blog about the restoration. You get a good view of it from Creigh Hill aswell.

Thanks for the pointers on Hare Cairn et al. Mile Hill is something to hoover up on the way back from others up that way and Hare Cairn and Crock are a pair to do on a good day.

Andy
MM0FMF