Plot your SOTA log

Few days ago, new columns (with points) were added by Gary G0HJQ to log exported files in SOTA Data base.
With these files, you will plot your chaser or activator chart using Chart_log.exe. You will find this soft at:
http://www.sota-france.fr/telechargement-1.html

(just for fun)
73 all
F6ENO Alain

1 Like

In reply to F6ENO:

Excellent Alain. It certainly shows up the winter bonus period on my chart!

73, Gerald

1 Like

After renaming .XLS into .CSV (I did not see any instructions if that’s the way to do but since the contents of the downloaded “.XLS” file is a “.CSV” file, I did so), CHART_LOG tells me that " ‘05/11/2005’ n’est pas une date correcte" which means that the 5th of November 2005 is not a valid date.

73 Norby

In reply to LX1NO:
Norby,

I don’t know what is your “.XLS” file.

When you rename an XLS file into CSV file, it remains an XLS file…(with header and so on) which can be read by EXCEL .
If, with EXCEL, you SAVE an XLS file with the option CSV, EXCEL saves datas, separated by semi’colons… funny when you know that CSV is “Comma Separated Values”.

Gary’s data base exported files are true CSV files, i.e. datas are separed by commas (not semi’colons)

My little soft reads these files, not every CSV or XLS files (I’m Alain, not Bill… hi !)

So, as mentioned in the very simple help (but was it realy necessary to spend time for more than that) load your log file from SOTA data base (csv file) and run the soft.

May be there are bugs in my soft because I couldn’t test it with large files. I could only test it with my log, F5AKL and F6CEL log, but we have been in SOTA for only one year, and I don’t know if the program runs with Super Shack Sloth logs… !

73 Alain

1 Like

In reply to F6ENO:
Only half a supersloth Alain ,but it handled my 1417 entry chaser log fine :slight_smile:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to F6ENO:

Alain,

Believe me, I know how to handle files.

Here’s what your application gets as input (excerpt):

LX1NO,05/11/2005,14:18,DM/HE-102,7MHz,CW,DL4FDM/P,4
LX1NO,04/12/2005,09:43,DM/BW-114,7MHz,CW,DL4FDM/P,4

and it does not work with me.

73 Norby

1 Like

The chart gets as far as 8/10/2005 with me and then I get an error message
"2’n’est pas une Valeur entiere correcte."
I believe this error is caused by the use of a comma in the comments section on the database.

GW7AAV Steve

I just deleted all the comments and I now get “4’n’est pas une Valeur entiere correcte.” instead. Graph still stops at October 2005.

1 Like

In reply to GW7AAV:

OK Steve,

Yes, I think if there are commas in the note (comments) field, they will be interpreted as field separators.
Next week, I’ll look this problem.
But if all the comments are removed, I think it had to work.

Next week, I will try to fix up this bug.

73 Alain

1 Like

In reply to F6ENO:

Hi Alain, works fine here, thanks for the new toy!

73 de Paul G4MD

In reply to F6ENO:

I receive a different error when I run the program Alain.

I get ‘Erreur E/S 32.’

Any thoughts?

73’s
David/G4CMQ

1 Like

In reply to GW7AAV:

Hi Steve and Norby

You will find a new version of the soft at
http://www.sota-france.fr/telechargement-1.html

Now, when it founds a bad date, the program does’nt stop.

Best 73
Alain F6ENO

1 Like

I get

“Violation d’accès à l’adresse 00401D11 dans le module ‘Chart_log.exe’. Ecriture de l’adresse 0000BD” followed by addresse “00402135”

73 Norby

In reply to LX1NO:
Norby,

I think I must have your log.csv to find the mistake

My Mail adress: f6eno@wanadoo.fr

73 Alain

1 Like

In reply to DH8DX:

I have an easy solution for you: Germany has to become a territory of France :wink: Then, you would have to use French in your Windows Regional Settings and everything would be ok again.

It does work with English (United Kingdom), that’s why there are no complaints from the larger majority of this forum.

But German (Germany) or my customized English (United Kingdom) doesn’t. Why? Well, easy to explain: The date seperator has to be “/” and not “.”.

HTH,
73 Norby

1 Like

In reply to LX1NO:

Well done Norby

73 Alain

1 Like

In reply to F6ENO:

Works great now, cheers!

73 Steve GW7AAV

In reply to F6ENO:

I have only just downloaded this program Alain and it works fine. Quite a useful tool, thank you.

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

Thanks all,

A special thank to Norby who found why it works in France and UK, and why it doesn’t work in Germany…
Ah WINDOWS… !!!

73 All de Alain F6ENO

1 Like

Hello es HNY,

Will there be version that can also be used by operators outside of F and the UK; like LX or DL or OE or alike?

73 Norby

In reply to LX1NO:

Well, Norby, why not…

I’m a little busy now, because I’m working on the new french list files,
but will finish soon, so I’ll have a look to the soft.

HNY and best 73

Alain F6ENO

1 Like