In my previous post 2 days ago, I told you I had left my WSPRlite connected to my antenna in the balcony, but upon my return home the following day for lunch at 13h utc, I found out that an unexpected event had occurred in the form of XYL accidentaly unplugging the WSPRlite power supply from the mains at about 9h utc.
So I took the WSPRlite with me and I would take it after work to my house in the village South West of Pamplona to leave it transmitting on 30m band to one of the 2 suitable antennas I have there. I would decide right there which one.
An 80m dipole works perfectly on 30m, as 3,5MHz x 3 = 10.5MHz, which is very close to where we are allowed to transmit on 30m band.
I yesterday left my WSPRlite running in the house connected to what I believed it was my 80m band inverted vee bazooka dipole and I returned to the rental appartment in Pamplona, but then I realized of a new unexpected event. I had made a mistake and I had wrongly left the WSPRlite connected to my 40m band bazooka dipole instead of the 80m band one.
Fortunately there wasn’t any risk of damage for the WSPRlite unit because I had previously adjusted my MFJ-986 tuner for perfect 1:1 SWR.
I had already left the house, so the WSPRlite kept running with the 40m band bazooka dipole and this is the graph plotted with the TOP DX spots raised:
I have returned to my house in the village late in the evening today and I finally left the WSPRlite unit working with the 80m band bazooka dipole connected.
The apex is about 14m above the ground and the ends about 5m above the ground.
After the first few minutes transmitting, the difference can already be seen:
I think it will be very interesting to compare the graph with the wrong 40m band dipole and the one I’ll get tomorrow, unexpected events permitting