Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

Planning a sota-holiday in Southern Norway

Hi at All,
I’m thinking of planning a holiday and a sota-tour in low Scandinavia.
Could any one suggest me some nice places for my sota-holiday?
I’m looking for a place rich of well marked trekkings and obviously with some referenced summits?
Some years ago I had been in Preikestolen, I think it is an interesting area.
I also considering the telemark area near Notodden.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion
73 de iw2obx Roberto

Hi,
Both those areas are nice, with many summits. If you are going for nice scenery I would absolutely recommend Rogaland (where Preikestolen is), which also has a lot more un-activated summits available. Telemark is also beautiful though, but with a very different scenery, and it can get very warm there in summer.

For track information you can check this post: Mapping resources for tourists where you can read about the services I use when hiking, and feel free to contact me if you have any specific trips in mind. It would be very nice to do a joint activation if you come here to Rogaland, I live about an hour from Preikestolen :wink:

73 de LB4FH / Kjetil

Hi Kjetil,
Thanks for the reply.
I’m looking for some points of interest, I am still undecided whether to drive along the coast or to travel the internal area for a few days,in any case I will arrive near Stavanger.
I’d really like to meet you for a trekking and activation together.

How nice.
There are many nice places to visit in the center of Norway as well, so you can’t really go wrong.
Please send me a direct message if you decide to go close to here :slight_smile:

I confirm that I will be near Stavanger in August.
I’m looking for some 2 points summits, I’d like to reach an easy 4 points summit.
I will contact you in private for some advices
Many thanks Kjetil

Brilliant, I will be home in August, but at work during days. I’m sure we can figure out a list of some nice places worth visiting for you :slight_smile: