Plan to activate YO/MC-019 Cindrel for the first time

Tomorrow, 30/07/2017 will try to activate YO/MC-019 cindrel for the first time. KX3 + Vertical fishpole antenna, unfortunately only 14MHz.
The hike will be 5h+ (one way) and hope to be qrv after the IOTA CONTEST finish 1200 UTC. If WX permit, will try to stay on the summit for at least 30min-1hour.

73 Petronel
YO8SEP

1 Like

Hi Petronel,
Not much radio in recent days for various reasons but will be looking out for you 1200Z ++ tomorrow.
Good luck in any event :wink:
Night night.
Mike

1 Like

Thanks Mike,
It is good to be back to SOTA after some break. I was worried that on my last 3 activations there was no G6TUH , hi hi. Well, didn’t know the exact time I’ll late, so alerts were 1-2h before.
Hope to work you tomorrow.
73 Petronel
YO8SEP

1 Like

Hello Petronel.

Thanks for S2S from MC-183 today. Conditions very bad in G.

I will look out for you on MC-019 from home QTH.

Hope you have a good day.
Rod

1 Like

Thank you for your patience Rod, and for trying a few times. Conditions were bad too, and I was on a peak covered with big / dense tree. Today, I hope YO/MC-019 will be better, because it is 2244m and no tree :smile:

73 Petronel
YO8SEP

I’ll take a listen Petronel however I think it might be too close for 20 metres from here Understand the need just to activate on one band on such a summit). Please take care.
73 Ed.

I will try to update my position with aprsdroid YO8SEP-5.
No handheld with aprs here :frowning:

I will try to see if I can get an inv.V for 40m. Unfortunately my KX3 doesn’t have an internal ATU, so I need to have resonant antenna.

73 Petronel
YO8SEP

No please keep it simple Petronel. Stick with the original plan of just 20m. 5 hours walk is bad enough carrying one antenna, you don’t need the extra weight of a second one

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up Petronel,lets hope propagation is well within our favour for yo/mc-019.
Take care and good luck.73 Don.G0RQL.

1 Like

Sorry Petronel,
I was monitoring spots on my phone while watching the Hungarian F1 GP and for some reason, I missed the spot that came up for you! It’s a real shame as I had managed to work into YO on 20m earlier in the day.

I hope you had a successful and above all safe activation.

73 Ed.

1 Like

Hi Petronel
Nice to have worked you on YO/MC-019 S2S from GM/WS-342 hope to work you again soon.
Terry de G0VWP on holiday in GM land so call will have been GM0VWP/P 73

2 Likes

Hi Petronel,

in the summer of 2014 I was in this area with my mountainbike. It was a guided tour from Sibiu to Baile Herculane, we had a nice rest on top of YO/MC-019 … but unfortunately I had no radio with me.

I loved mountainbiking in this part of Romania, it was a real adventure!

73 Martin, OE5REO

1 Like

I’m back to my car after a night spent at Ref. Canaia. I will post a full activation report in a few days.
Thank you to all the chasers and specially to S2S.

73 Petronel
YO8SEP

1 Like

I’m sorry, stayed on the summit almost 1h. Tried 40m inv v with apex at 6m, but no response after calling cq on 7.090 and 7.170 for about 10 minutes :frowning:

Hey, it wasn’t meant to be! I had relied on someone spotting you and as far as I saw there was no spot on 40m and I was too late for the 20m one - my own fault.

Glad to hear you are safely down the mountain and congratulations on being the first activator of this summit!

73 Ed.

Glad you had a successful activation Petronel. I heard absolutely nothing here through the noise except Don, G0RQL, very faint making his QSO with you.
Well done; I hope we speak again, probably s2s.
Rod

First of all THANKS to all chasers.

I’ve uploaded the activation logs for YO/MC-183 and YO/MC-019 to SOTA Database. I hope no mistake was made when transferring the paper log.

I will post a full activation report with photos and GPX tracks when I get back home next week.

I might activate one or two summits on the next few days (YO/MC-012 , MC-013, MC-047)

73 Petronel
YO8SEP