Photos of Snowdon Cafe

In reply to GM4TOE:

Those Munroes on the south side of the Cairngorms involve a 20 mile round walk from Linn of Dee, I’ve done them once, I doubt I would do them again even for SOTA (must be getting old!)

Brian G8ADD

In reply to GM4TOE:
Never did pass my O Level in arithmetic. Yes Barry, quite write - did not pass english either. Apologies they should be 4000 ft.

In reply to G8ADD:
Hi Brian,

It is now two summers that have passed and I have not done those two - both times the Geldie Burn was in spate and the alternative routes via Glen Feshie or Glen Tilt are even further than from Linn of Dee. May still try this year if it dries up and I am happy to camp out!

Barry GM4TOE

In reply to GM4TOE:
Tempting fate, Barry, with another deluge forecast for tomorrow and one end of my lawn still under water! The walk in is delightful in winter with the biggest herds of deer I have ever seen, but you have to be fast because of the shortage of daylight, probably nowadays the ubiquitous mountain bike would ease the strain, but I fall off too easily!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:
"…probably nowadays the ubiquitous mountain bike would ease the strain, but I fall off too easily…! "

More water in your whisky Brian - hi!!!

Barry

In reply to GM4TOE:

In reply to G8ADD:
"…probably nowadays the ubiquitous mountain bike would ease the
strain, but I fall off too easily…! "

Barry

Or leave the malt 'till after your bike ride :slight_smile:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:

In reply to GM4TOE:

In reply to G8ADD:
"…probably nowadays the ubiquitous mountain bike would
ease the
strain, but I fall off too easily…! "

Barry

Or leave the malt 'till after your bike ride :slight_smile:

Roger G4OWG

Being an ignorant sassenach, I never put water in my malt, it weakens the bouquet!

Brian G8ADD