P100-Problems in DM the 100th

Hallo Friends,
have nice Christmas Days…

My last words to the P100-problematics…

Many (the most) of P100/150-mountains in DM you can reach by car on good streets…

Many of non-P100-hills you MUST WALK 2-5km and go up 100…300m to reach the top
of the mountain.

The decision of MT to delete NON-P100-Mountains is a decition against walking in DM. … sorry but so you must see this if you know the geography hr…

;-((

73s de Jens dh0ls

In reply to DH0LS:

The decision of MT to delete NON-P100-Mountains is a decition against
walking in DM. … sorry but so you must see this if you know the
geography hr…

So Jens, it good that that GMA Award has come into being so you can continue to walk to those non-P100 summits and have your achievement recognised.

All the best for 2009 and may you continue to enjoy the walks and the summits.

73, Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:

Hey, Jens, 2 - 5 km walk and 100 to 300 m ascent is just a short hands-in-pockets stroll! Some of the hills in GM demand a 35 km round walk and an ascent of about a km!:wink:

Seriously, though, given the rules of SOTA which were established right at the beginning and remain largely unchanged to this day, the MT were faced with the choice of deleting non-P100 hills in Germany or changing the rules for the rest of the world. What would you have done if you were on the MT?

I hope you have many fine mountain walks in 2009,

Brian G8ADD

In reply to DH0LS:

Hi Jens,

yes, you are right there are P100s which are reachable by car and good streets. But you must admit that they were summits which are on TOP50 and on the list which I could not even detect a peak (if you want an example Erbeskopf P100 DM/RP-158 one of the highest hills in RP - indeed reachable by car - and nearby Springenkopf DM/RP-161 no real peak. But there will be a lot of new ones really difficult to get on. In my region(Westerwald) we lost a lot. But I am in favour of P100 because you can immediately see that there is a mountain and not only a named hill.
Believe me there are a lot of new ones to detect(at least in RP and NW).

Walter
DK1BN