OT: Virgin Media email changes and problems

Not a SOTA issue but…

I know there will be a fair number of SOTA activators and chasers who use Virgin Media (nee Telewest, Blueyonder, NTL). VM are changing their email systems and this is causing significant problems for many VM customers.

The changes to VM email systems are meant to transparent in theory. It still took me (with 27 years experience of working with computers and networks) nearly 2 hours to get my email working the way it used to. There was no info on any of the forums or message boards on how to solve my issues so perhaps my setup was unique, only suggestions for Outlook users who had a single mailbox.

Anyway, if any VM using SOTAists are having problems then mail me (mm0fmf AT hotmail.com ) and I’ll explain how I got it going. Of course if you are having email issues how do you send and receive email? Setup a throwaway account on Hotmail and use that till your VM email is working again.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Setup a throwaway account on Hotmail and use that till your VM
email is working again.

Or Google :wink: - I use it where I don’t want to use my “real” email address.

Andy - is this just affecting webmail or client access as well? I’ve had the email from Virgin about the change but am still getting the Virgin media email OK.

John
GM8OTI
(gm8oti AT googlemail.com)

In reply to GM8OTI:

Touch wood, as far as I know I have not had any problems.

73 Graham G4JZF

In reply to G4JZF:

Neither have I, and I have several "@virgin.net" addresses.

73 Walt G3NYY