OT: SOTA - Spitting Image?

An interesting SOTA thought flashed across my mind as I was watching “Les Bleus” getting beaten by “Les Ross Biff” (with apologies to our French SOTA colleagues for my appalling French grammar… and the result) on Saturday evening.

Did anyone get a “spitting image” or “separated at birth” moment when seeing Bernard Laporte, the French coach? Does he remind you of a certain (highly accomplished) SOTA activator?

Now I’ve only seen photographs of both and of course neither of them in the flesh… but is there something we don’t know about someone’s extra-SOTA activities. Maybe that is (was?) his day job under a pseudonym… :slight_smile:

Or am I way off base? :slight_smile:

73 Marc GØAZS

In reply to G0AZS:

I didn’t have a clue who Bernard Laporte was so I Googled him and I think you may be on to something there. Now to wipe the coffee off the monitor.

Steve GW7AAV

In reply to G0AZS:

An unreal similarity - good to see SOTA activators are involved in a real sport!! (sorry Tom and Jimmy)

Glyn

In reply to G0AZS:

I know the genuine article Marc and yes I see what you mean. Nice image on www.scrum.com - obviously scowling at not being able resolve a callsign out of that 40m CW pileup. A rare moment indeed!

73, Gerald

I think his father has “travelled overseas”

What’s this got to do with me and Jimmy?

I can think of two prominent activators that could (loosely) be compared to these Laporte images, but both have more hair.

Tom

I think Glyn is refering to football not being a “real sport” Tom.

Oops That’s walking on dangerous turf now :o)

Peter

I know activating SOTA can benefits from being a lightweight op hence some peoples use of CW but this is one step too far!

http://cache.20minutes.fr/img/photos/afp/2007-06/2007-06-19/article_SGE.OSF20.190607102148.photo00.photo.default-512x341.jpg