OK7OK/P activations today

OK7OK/P activations today

Thank you all for the contacts today.

I started off very early with the aim of 3 activations and despite the elements doing the utmost to make them difficult all three were activated.

Apologies for not going up to 20m on the second activation as I do like to try and have QSOs on both 40m & 20m on every activation but the rain was getting heavier by the minute and the equipment was getting wet.

Everything is now drying out :slight_smile:
Darius OK7OK

In reply to OK7OK:

I had seen you spotted on 20m & listened for while, but didn’t tune up on that band until you said you were making your last calls, & thankfully I called in time, & you heard me :slight_smile:

You were a solid 59 with me in Blackburn IO83SS, & as I don’t really have a 20m antenna I was very pleased to work you.

Your Spoken English is excellent by the way, do you hail from these shores or have you spent some time here?

I hope to work you again soon.

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF

In reply to G0VOF:

Hi Mark, pleasures to talk to you today, originally from Warrington in Cheshire.

That fact came in handy today …… getting something done in wet conditions is like water of ducks back for me :))

You could say it was typical northwest UK weather hear today.

It quite interesting how signal reports can very from summit to summit on the same day using same equipment and antenna the only varying factor was the density of the forest and the type of trees the summit heights were quite similar.

In reply to OK7OK:

Hi again Darius,

As you hail from Warrington that would explain why you almost sounded like a local to me. While many non-English stations are incredibly fluent in English, I was taken by your apparent lack of any sort of accent. You must have been either from around this area, or had spent some considerable time here.

I can sometimes tell the region an operator comes from purely from their accent when speaking English, as I am sure some French, Dutch, or Spanish stations stations would be able to do when I attempt to speak those languages on the air.

Your English was so “normal” to me, that I could not find anything that may have hinted you were not from North West England.

I’m sorry to hear that it rained, but as you say, we are used to it around here. HI!

The weather here today has been very mild for the time of year, a cold night with some ground frost early on,followed by sunshine all morning, overcast in the afternoon & evening, currently 5C, overcast,very little wind. Very good for a Saturday after a wet & windy week :slight_smile:

If the BBC got it right on Friday, tomorrow should be even better!

I hope to work you again soon.

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF