OE5-SOTA-Day

English version follows further down…

Einige werden ja bereits den Alerts entnommen haben, dass wir für Samstag, den 8. Sep 2012, den 2. OE5-SOTA Tag geplant haben.

Dieses Jahr wollen wir Berge rund um Bad Ischl aktivieren. Es gibt hier eine breite Auswahl an SOTA-Gipfeln, vom Siriuskogl im Stadtgebiet bis zu mehreren 6- und 8- Punktern in den Bergen rund um die Stadt. Mit der Katrin Seilbahn kann man ohne große Anstrengungen 2 Gipfel erreichen. Wir treffen uns danach um 13.00 UTC (= 15.00 Ortszeit) im Gasthof zum Bären (an der B145 nördlich von Bad Ischl, siehe google maps) zu einer Jause und Erfahrungsaustausch. So wie es aussieht werden mehr als 10 Stationen als Aktivierer aktiv sein.

Dank Christian, OE5HCE, wurde dieser OE5-SOTA Tag bereits in verschiedenen Amateurfunkmedien angekündigt, um hoffentlich neue Interessenten für SOTA zu gewinnen. Der Schwerpunkt wird wahrscheinlich auf 2m FM Summit-to-Summit QSO’s liegen. Es sind aber auch einige Aktivitäten auf Kurzwelle geplant.

Some of you might have already noticed that we plan the 2nd OE5-SOTA-Day on Saturday, September 8, 2012.

The idea of this year’s event is to activate summits near the city of Bad Ischl. There is a wide selection of available summits ranging from a 1-pointer within the city to several 6- and 8-pointers in the surrounding mountain ranges. The cable car to Katrin puts two 6-pointers in easy reach for those not so ambitious on hiking. We will then all meet at around 13.00 UTC (= 15.00 local time) in a restaurant for a get together (Gasthof zum Bären, located on B145 just north of Bad Ischl, see google maps). It looks like there will be at least 10 activators on air.

We have advertised the activity in local ham media to raise awareness of SOTA. The main activity will be on VHF with plenty of S2S opportunities, but there are also activations on HF.

Hope to hear you all on Saturday!

Heinz, OE5EEP

In reply to OE5EEP:
I will be trying to work you, please try for some SSB HF

Tom
SM/N2YTF

i’m not sure if heinz, oe5eep will do SSB on the OE5-SOTA-Day!? normally he is qrv in CW only. but i am planning to activate three summits (maybe only two - depending on time) and i will be qrv in SSB on 7 and 14 MHz.

i just heard that the “WAE-CONTEST” is also at this weekend, so maybe i will move to 18 MHz to avoid the contest QRM.

weather forecast for saturday is fine … so i hope it will be a nice event.

vy73 de martin
www.oe5reo.at

In reply to OE5REO:

I will bring a microphone for OE5-SOTA-Day! My SSB is a little rusty, but should do for a few QSOs.

73 Heinz, OE5EEP