OE5 SOTA Day 2017

We will hold this year’s OE5-SOTA Day on Saturday, September 9, 2017 in the Ennstal Region of OE5. The plan is to activate summits in the area around Steyr, Losenstein and Weyer. Please post your planned activations on SOTAWatch and try to spread out to different summits. There are plenty in this area and it should be easy to find one that fits to your skills and interests.

After the activations we will then gather at Gasthof Petermühle at around 16:00 local time. The meeting is open end.

Gasthof Petermühle
Stiedelsbach 23
4460 Losenstein
www.petermuehle.at

Anybody interested in SOTA is welcome to join the fun!

73 Martin, OE5REO

2 Likes

weather forecast is promising … so far 15 activators have posted an alert on SOTAwatch!

looking forward to saturday :slight_smile:

This is simultaneously the ALL OE SOTA DAY, i.e. you can also expect activators from other regions in Austria to be on the air…
OE1 Vienna
OE2 Salzburg
OE3 Lower Austria
OE4 Burgenland
OE6 Styria
OE7 Tyrol
OE8 Carinthia and
OE9 Vorarlberg…

See you on Saturday!
Sylvia OE5YYN

2 Likes

Hi
Vy tks to Sylvia, OE5YNN and Martin, OE5REO for organizing this event! I have just arrived. It is a very nice area! I look forward hearing and meeting you soon!
73 de OE/HB9BIN/p Juerg

2 Likes

Hope to work one or more of these as EA6/PE2AAB/P

I am on the summit EA6/MA-040 if all goes well. ETA +/- 9.00 UTC

2 Likes

We’ll be looking out for you!
73, Sylvia OE5YYN & Peter OE5AUL

1 Like

Wow! I counted 17 alerts in our region for tomorrow. Weather forecast is for a sunny autumn day. Only HF propagation seems to be rotten. Well, we will have enough traffic on 2m FM.

For those interested: I will carry my 23 cm equipment (Alinco DJ-G7 and a Double Quad)

Looking forward to tomorrow, could be fun!
See you all at Gasthof Petermühle!

73 Heinz, OE5EEP

2 Likes

Hi
I woke up at 22:30 GMT and left the B&B without any breakfast (hi)!
Now it is 03:30 and I have made half the distance to OE/OO-260 with the moonlight and the GPS! I will be QRV early!
73 de OE/HB9BIN/p, Juerg

1 Like

Hello back to OE5 from JA,

I would have liked to join you and meet the great OE5 SOTA community in person. Myself still in Japan will see if I can do another activation but there are so many things to do and see. :grin:

Have a lot of fun, safe hikes and good DX as far as propagation currently allows.

73 de Joe

1 Like

Hello Juerg.
I believed i was a big crazy SOTA fever man but i give you my own respect because you are more crazy as me ! :wink:
Really BIG BRAVO and THANKS for all QSO.
HB Team seems to be like IRON MEN.
73 QRO
Roger

I do hope to see the same event in France …
Bravo !

Without forgetting Kimo !
73 QRO

2 Likes

Nice event indeed :+1:, thank you for activating so many summits.
I was glad to work a few of you on CW in the morning.
Vy 73, Laurent

Sorry for not showing up on HF during OE5-SOTA-Day. The activity on 2m was so high and the conditions on HF (presumably) so bad that I did not bother to set up shortwave.

From two summits I had a total of 40 QSO’s on 2m FM, 27 of which were S2S! This tells a lot about activity here. No QSO on 23 cm though :frowning: . Maybe next year…

At the meeting in the restaurant about 20 SOTA activists showed up. We had two presentations, one by Juerg, HB9BIN, about Tour Planning with Garmin Base Camp, the other by Martin, OE5REO, about his portable APRS I-Gate built around a Raspberry PI single-board computer.

It was a great day!

73 Heinz, OE5EEP

4 Likes

Group picture of the meeting at the Gasthof Petermühle (photo by OE5HCE)

8 Likes

Really cool to see all these smiles on your faces. You can be proud of your friendly event. Please don’t forget to renew it.
Vy 73 - Laurent - F5OGJ

1 Like

It looks like a really good day was had even with very poor HF conditions. That is what is great about these events, once you get a good group out on the hills, even a 2m handy is more than enough to work lots of stations. Not being at the FN rally this year it’s good to see so many familiar faces in that photo.

1 Like

@ oe5hce: thanks for the fine video christian

73 martin, oe5reo

5 Likes