Np-004

In reply to 2E0HJD:
Hi Mick, Sorry not been on radio latley, Been busy with things and what nots, Noticed that not a lot using 145mhz much these days. So it must have been waste of time on your half not theirs, I find not everyone is on 145mhz fm these days and those who are only seem to be here for a quickie and they gone, I was on a summit a few days ago and heard a station call on 145 mhz fm, and never heard them again. I never hear others calling on 145.500 but some how they are getting spotted,on other frequency’s and when stations go to that frequency they are not there.
what is happening to 145 mhz these day’s ???
no one wants to play any more …

Steve m0sgb

In reply to M0SGB:

what is happening to 145 mhz these day’s ?

I had my most successful day on 2m-FM from GM land today. Even better it was with a new homebrew antenna!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to M0SGB:

what is happening to 145 mhz these day’s ???
no one wants to play any more …

I seem to recall that you’ve had this grumble before Steve. It’s just circumstances - look at today’s alerts… loads of 2m activity. There are many of us that run 2m as our “prime” SOTA band. Just because we aren’t out on the hills when you are in the shack is all that it is down to.

I’m hoping to be out again soon - a combination of problems has kept me off the hills for the last few weeks and I’m chomping at the bit to get out again.

73, Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:
Every time im in the shack; i check the cluster and i never see or hear anyone on 145mhz, it seems only to be weekends that stations seem to do this band (except today m1yam/p on NP-025)…
Thats what i mean.
When on HF i only use 10, 15, 20, meters,
I cant get any others bands, but thats my choice.
Just a quick gripe.
Steve m0sgb

In reply to M0SGB:
Whats happening 3 statioins on 145mhz, get the champagne out, smoke signals in the north,
Steve m0sgb

In reply to M0SGB:

Three? It’s four actually. Perhaps you’re just not trying hard enough Steve? There are still lots of 2m FM activations - perhaps not as many as there used to be but maybe that’s a good thing as people are enjoying trying new things out.

Richard

In reply to G3CWI:
just heard Clive m1yam/p still on NP-025
Steve m0sgb

There are still lots of 2m FM activations

:slight_smile: …it’s all I’ve got at the moment…

…having suffered horrendous problems with receiver overload on G/CE-005 on Saturday, I think my VX5 will get used a little less when I’ve got my portable HF up and running too :slight_smile:

73 Marc G0AZS

PS Anyone know of an inexpensive, low weight bandpass filter I can carry in the meantime?

In reply to G0AZS:

PS Anyone know of an inexpensive, low weight bandpass filter I can carry
in the meantime?

http://www.sotawatch.org/beta/reflector.php?topic=550#2976

Aha… Thanks… I should have read the other posts I missed over the weekend.

73 Marc g0AZS

In reply to G3CWI:

It was 4 X 2m stations at the time of your post Richard.
I make it eight by the close of business today, in fact, every station spotted today, activated on 2m, myself included, that’s 100% of all activators that worked 2m, seems like more than the fair share of 2m activity to me.

In reply to M0SGB:

In reply to G4OIG:
Every time im in the shack; i check the cluster and i never see or
hear anyone on 145mhz, it seems only to be weekends that stations seem
to do this band (except today m1yam/p on NP-025)…

Steven

I do 2m activations during the week under normal conditions.
Unfortunately its Leeds University exam period so for 6 weeks I can’t get out as I have to work :frowning: Two and a half weeks to go then back to normal until August resits.

Roger G4OWG

A combination of a week off to cover half-term and poor weather preventing us skipping nicely off somewhere in the tent has tempted me towards an evening 2FM blast from my local Billinge Hill G/SP017. Just to get out a bit.

Not a pretty hill and PMR’s a mither, but I can vouch for a DCI 2 metre bandpass with a 4 ele. Tonna pointing right at the metalwork.

An hour up there in drizzle should relieve the cabin fever.

Peter… M1BZJ