Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

Np-004 (2e0edx)


#1

Ian has had to abandon his attempt at NP-004 due to adverse weather conditions. He is sorry he could not make it, but it was just too dangerous to continue.

Happy New Year to you all

From M0OYG & Co on behalf of Ian 2E0EDX


#2

In reply to 2E0OYG:

The only sensible thing to do with the weather closing in. I did monitor both both S20 & 70.450 but heard nothing, but Whernside will certainly be there again another day :wink:

Happy New Year!

Mark G0VOF


#3

I have no doubt that cancelling was the right decision. Safety is paramount, the hills will be there another day.

VHF fun day in a couple of days, Im going to wait until as late as possible to make a decision to venture out or not.

I’m wondering what are others thoughts are?

73 Chris 2E0FSR


#4

In reply to 2E0FSR:

VHF fun day in a couple of days, Im going to wait until as late as
possible to make a decision to venture out or not.

I’m wondering what are others thoughts are?

I would like to go out and bag as many S2S as possible towards my Summitsbase S2S Award. However it depends on the weather! I have no desire to be either soaked (like today), or frozen stiff (like yesterday in the cumulative contest)!

Like you, I am going to leave the decision to the last minute.

73,
Walt (G3NYY)


#5

In reply to 2E0FSR:
Better safe than sorry and has been said them hills will still be there another day.

I was alerted for the fun day but have since removed it as i am now working, for those taking part enjoy! Sean M0GIA


#6

In reply to 2E0OYG:

Best decision Ian, once “Danger” comes in then get out fast!

There’s always next time

Take Care

73

Tony


#7

In reply to M0GIA:

Quote: “I was alerted for the fun day but have since removed it as i am now
working, for those taking part enjoy!”

Same here Sean,only not working but moving QTH!!

Good Luck to all still going and stay safe !!

73

Tony


#8

In reply to G0VOF:

Hi Mark
All was okay until I reached the 586 contour, whereupon, I found myself wading through snow up to my thighs in places and the odd falling over, I’m sure humourous to many walkers in close proximity. The easterly fierce wind was blowing snow off the ground creating a blizzard and many fell walkers were turning around finding the conditions to tough to continue. Certainly not a dangerous situation, more frustration and being uncomfortable. Even if I had reached the summit, would any activation have been enjoyable, in my opinion, it would not have been, therefore the abandonment. As you rightly say Mark Whernside will be still there when I choose to try again in more comfortable weather.
Thanks though for monitoring the relevant frequencies and Brian M0OYG for letting all know I had abandoned the activation.

73’s
Ian 2E0EDX