Norbreck (Blackpool) 2013

The main rally for the SOTA stand, and for SOTA participants from all over the UK (and beyond) to meet, is on Sunday 7th April 2013.

http://www.narsa.org.uk/rally/2013-norbreck-rally/

There will be a large range of display items as usual, including Rob & Audrey’s famous quizzes and homemade cakes, a working 2m chaser station in case of any nearby activations, the guestbook and a range of merchandise from the SOTA Shop.

At 1pm, we encourage all SOTA enthusiasts to reconvene at the stand for a group photo. So whether you’ve already visited the stand, or are yet to do so, please be there at 1pm for the photo!

This exhibition consistently attracts visitors from GI, EI, GD, GM, GW and all parts of G, so there is a very good chance of putting faces to callsigns of those activators and chasers you have worked but never met.

I anticipate the stand will be staffed this year by a rotation of the usual core team of myself, M0HGY, Audrey, G4RQJ, G4ZRP and MM0FMF. However, known experienced and knowledgeable activators can expect to be plucked from the crowds to ‘do a stint’ here and there, allowing us the chance to look around the exhibition ourselves!

After an excellent rally at Nantwich yesterday, I am really looking forward to Norbreck this year. Some photos from the 2012 event: Billinge Hill SP-017

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
See you there.

Victor GI4ONL & Victor MI0JST

In reply to M1EYP:

I should be there. I’ve been saving up sugar allowance ready for some of Audrey’s baking.

Andy
MM0FMF

Actually, we shouldn’t be taking this for granted - I haven’t asked Audrey and Rob yet if they are doing the rally again this year. However, I am sure, and we all hope, that they are!

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
No problem Tom,Audrey already has the elves hard at work in the cake mine.
See you there if not before
Rob and Audrey
G4RQJ

Great news Rob. You have probably just increased the Norbreck attendance figures by a good 50% with that last post :wink:

Tom M1EYP