New version of SOTAData enters extended Beta stage

Perfect. I missed the winky - hahaha !
Thanks for all the work.
Sorry for using this thread as a bug reporting tool :roll_eyes:

73 Joe

That brings back memories. I nearly lost the will to live debugging the old v2 parser. Having got it going I didn’t have the desire to unravel simultaneous chase and activate uploading the way you have. ISTR some spreadsheets embellish the file with quotes and extra commas just to add some spice into the mix.

Why not ? If at the end the problem is found, then great. Yes sorry I should have said my log was my outstanding chaser entries. Activator logs I enter straight after an activation.

Ed.

Hi Ed,

Not saying it is a bad idea to use it for bug reporting but it is now a mix bag of praises and bug reports :blush:
But that is part of the beta phase I guess so every problem found and fixed is a win.

Looking forward to all improvements :+1:

73 Joe

There are so many paths through the code that the only fool proof way of testing the code is to ask for fools to try and break it by just using it! :rofl:

It’s much better to fix the problems now when a few tens of people are using it because leaving them in to trip up thousands of users when it goes live will result in a flood of bug reports to deal with.

A fools (full) approval to that :rofl:

Good night :sleeping:
de Joe

1 Like

This is now fixed.

This is also fixed.

1 Like

Hi Andy

Can you please fix the import script where operating frequency 1296.150 MHz is converted to 1240 MHz. Currently the import script converts 1296.150 MHz to ‘Microwave’.

Last evening I qualified Spring Hill VK2/ST-036 on both 23 and 13cm bands.

Cheers

Andrew VK1AD

1 Like

I’ve fixed this on the new sotadata, Andy will need to fix it on the old one.

Cheers,
Andrew

That should be sorted. Due to some sloppy practices here (:blush:) , I cannot tell you when the fix was first uploaded. However, I did a quick update the other day to add PY1 into the All PY category and that includes the latest frequency limits… Currently 23cms is defined as =>1240 && <=1325 so it includes all the ITU region allocations and the extended UK allocation. 13cms/9cms/6cms/3cms/1.2cms allow the frequency to be in GHz (i.e. 5.760123GHz) or MHz ( 5760.123MHz). All others are MHz only.

Thanks Andy and Andrew, I wasn’t sure if the bug was fixed. I have been changing my logs for ages. Next time I will try 1296.

Cheers
Andrew M

Ummmm…Not so fast.

If I goto the old website and do:
View Results>My Results>My Activator Log
Then click “Show All QSOs”. It shows all my qso’s for every summit I have activated. then if I click “Show Summary Only” it show every summit I have activated.

On the new site if I do this it only show summits for 2018. I would prefer if it showed everything.

Sorry to be picky!

Kent
N6WT

OK, I’m not going to fix that. To be honest, I think the fact the old sotadata pulls all QSOs instead of just a summary view based on your previous criteria is an unintended consequence of the code on the old sotadata server rather than expected or intended behaviuor. The code changes its underlying state in a non-consistent manner which looks like it was added as an afterthought.

It also conflicts with a request from others to keep state consistent between pages where possible.

Sorry but I don’t quite follow!
If an Activator (or Chaser) log does not have the facility to show all Activations (Chases) since inception (not all qso’s) then how does somebody check their points score? If the database display does not show the history for an individual then they (and me to a certain extent) cannot check the dates for a particular award level

I’d never even noticed you could do that and I’ve been supporting the old code for 8 years!

I have added a combined V2 file to VK port-a-log output and run some upload tests last night, and again tonight. All looks good for chaser, S2S and activator records, including QSO notes and post QSO edits where included.

I’m planning a summit on New Years Eve/Day and if all imports well after that that I’ll let VK port-a-log users know where they can get the updated version from.

Peter VK3ZPF

Hi Barry, the issue is not can they see that? (There is an -All entries- option), but whether that gets selected by default when coming back from the All QSO view.

Ah - a glimmer of light in the darkness.
This enforced sobriety is not good for me :grin:

Many thanks for the clarification

Hi,
Looks like you’ve done some great work on the new version, and it’s good to see it’s getting renewed a bit.
I have a feature request (not a bug) of something that has bugged me a bit, if that’s OK.
When entering a summit in an activation window it would be great if you could input (and select) only the summit number, e.g. in this window it would’ve been very nice to be able to type 303 instead of scrolling down 300 summits to find it. The two preceeding fields (LA and RL) have already been selected in this way, so this could possibly just be a formatting thing when you pull the summits from the database.

It’s not a big issue when you do it once, but if you are for example adding 10 S2S’s manually it becomes a bit cumbersome.

Thanks for the great work in any case, it’s good that people wish to spend time on keeping the technical stuff here working :slight_smile:

Gordon Bennett! I’ve never spotted that All Entries in the dates. 8 and 1/2 years of maintaining and adding to the old codebase and I find out these things now!

/me hangs head in embarrassment