New Postage Charges and QSL Cards

In reply to MM0FMF:

It’s worth videoing the staff (see these smartphones are useful) testing the
package …

Oooohh! I think you’re playing with fire if you go down that road, Andy.

(1) You’d probably find it’s illegal to video staff working on Post Office premises without prior permission.

(2) Videoing staff without their consent could be construed as harassment.

In fact I have no complaints about P.O. staff. It’s the company policies I take issue with.

Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to G3NYY:

If they’ve nothing to hide they have nothing to fear.

We are videoed all the time we wander the streets and shopping centres. It’s only equitable and non-discriminatory for me to join in and make my own videos as well !

:slight_smile:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to M0JLA:

As a sub-manager, I just fold oversize envelopes down to the the accepted size and use plenty of selotape. No problem for me and the customer is happy. I have been caught though, when customers send their SASE to me and I have to pay the postage due and handling charge. I cut off the label and forward it with the next package of cards for re-imbursement.

73, Jim, G3ZQQ

In reply to G3ZQQ:

There is, of course, no obligation to accept any postal item which has postage due + handling charge applied to it. If you refuse to accept it, it will either be returned to the sender or destroyed.

Walt (G3NYY)

So have RSGB now implemented only members may receive cards policy that was mentioned as a possibility a few months ago ?

If so perhaps I should register my other calls against my membership !

Stewart G0LGS

In reply to G0LGS:

So have RSGB now implemented only members may receive cards policy
that was mentioned as a possibility a few months ago ?

Stewart

As per RSGB yesterday.

Updating callsigns for the QSL Bureau

You should remember to let the RSGB know of any callsigns that you wish to have QSL envelopes in place with the bureau via the Update your membership details - Radio Society of Great Britain - Main Site : Radio Society of Great Britain – Main Site page of our website.

Any amendments you make will be advised to the sub-managers at the beginning of each quarter so it may well be that individual sub managers won’t be aware of your changes until the beginning of the next quarter.

No QSL cards arriving in this period will be lost.

Peter
G1FOA

In reply to G1FOA:

Thanks Peter - I found it after I specifically went looking at the RSGB site - I rarely look there or listen to any RSGB News.

Stewart G0LGS

In reply to G0LGS:

So have RSGB now implemented only members may receive cards policy
that was mentioned as a possibility a few months ago ?

Yes, and yes!

Both matters were mentioned and confirmed at the RSGB AGM last Saturday.

Non-members can still receive cards, but they have to pay a fee.

Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to G3NYY:

I’m not sure what the fee is, but IMHO, joining the RSGB seems to be a far easier option…

And, you receive a copy of Radcomic!

73 Mike
2E0YYY

I’m not sure what the fee is, but IMHO, joining the RSGB seems to be a
far easier option…

And, you receive a copy of Radcomic!

Non-members can receive QSL cards by joining the receiving service :-

RSGB QSL Receive Service
If you are not a member of the RSGB but would like to receive QSL via the RSGB Bureau there is a charge for doing so. The subscription will cover all UK callsigns you hold but these are restricted to a single UK address for receipt and the callsign must be registered to you (if your details are withheld in the RSGB Yearbook, we may request a copy of your licence for any additional callsigns). If you would like to sign up for the service you may select a fixed term of 1, 2 or 3 years for the service and make a payment by credit or debit card.

Pay by DD and SAVE
If you choose to pay by annual direct debit you can save £4.00 OFF the one year price of the service. If you would like an application form to return to us please click here or alternatively ring the RSGB sales office on +44 (0) 1234 832700, during office hours, to complete the application over the phone. This form can also be used if you would prefer to Join the RSGB and gain all the other benefits of membership including the ability to send cards via the bureau and our great monthly magazine RadCom.

NOTE: All RSGB QSL Receive Service subscriptions processed before the 1st April 2012 will begin on that date. All subsequent subscriptions will begin on the 1st day of the next quarter. All credit and debit card payments will be processed immediately and Direct Debit payments will be debited around the 1st day of each quarter that the subscription becomes due.

If you would like more information about joining the RSGB please click here

QSL Recieve Service
1 Year @ £11.99
2 Years @ £19.99
3 Years @ £27.99

Peter
G1FOA