New Mountain Goat

Congratulations Jimmy!

A brilliant achievement, I bet the Wainwright Ale tasted lovely!

Colin
M0CGH

GM all,

Fritz, I don’t have access to any data about the ages of SOTA activators, so I’m not sure. I suspect Jimmy is indeed the youngest MG so far in the UK, but probably not worldwide. Any advance on 19 anyone?

Great to work you yesterday Fritz. You are becoming very regular in my log again these days, and you have one of those suffixes that I can instantly pull out of any pile-up - like SSH, NUP, VOF, EF, AV, OM, OOE, TDM etc!

Viki - Jimmy carried his own bottle of ale up MW-013, and also had the bottle opener in his pocket. And even though we were cold, tired and wanted to get down, we both agreed that pausing for a few quiet moments on Corndon Hill drinking Wainwright golden ale was a delightful experience!

We did want to get down though, so the second half of our bottles was drank during the descent - Liam took one of Jimmy’s walking poles in order to facilitate this! And what a pleasant way to descend a hill - while drinking a beer! Perhaps I should do this more often?

Tom M1EYP

Many thanks to all of you for your congratulations, the contacts on my Mountain Goat day and the summit to summits on my Mountain Goat day. My next main target in SOTA is to activate all of the SOTA summits in G. There are 10 SOTA summits in G that I still need to activate.

I have got my Intermediate exam on Sunday 18th March which hopefully I will pass and I will start the Advanced course as soon as possible.

Thank you Dad for writing the report of my Mountain Goat day.

I enjoyed the descent of Corndon Hill GW/MW-013 drinking the Wainwright ale which I enjoyed.

Congratulations Barry on getting your Full Licence.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:
Congratulations Jimmy, very well done!
Good luck with your advance AR course.

Roger MW0IDX

In reply to M3EYP:

Congratulations Jimmy

Rick and Thomas

Thank you Rick and Roger for the congratulations.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:
Congratulations of the MG, and good luck in the Intermediate exam. :slight_smile:

73, Rick M0LEP

Thank you Rick for the congratulations and the good luck.

Jimmy M3EYP

Thank you for your comments Dave.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:
Hi Jimmy

Congratulations on becoming a Goat, good to have a S2S with you yesterday. My father Dave G4OYX was also pleased to work you from home yesterday to.

Also well done Barry on passing your full course, I am sure you will be there soon Jimmy.

Matt G8XYJ

Thank you Matt for the congratulations and for the summit to summit. It was good to work your Dad Dave G4OYX for the first time.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

Well done Jimmy, I was pleased to work you on Goat day! I think you deserve an extra award for drinking beer on the descent! :o)

Adrian
G4AZS

And I seem to recall that I first worked Dave G4OYX on my very first SOTA visit to the WB region. It was just Liam (aged 5) and myself in May 2003 and I spoke to Dave from Pole Bank.

Tom M1EYP

Thank you for your comments Adrian. I was going you work you today when you were activating GW/NW-049 today, by the time I was ready to work you I think you went QRT. I did try to call you on 145.500 and 145.575.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:
Very well done Jimmy, you have joined an ‘elite group!’

You should be a ‘Multi Multi Goat’ by the time you have reached your Dad’s age!!

73 Peter TJE+

Thank you Peter for your comments.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

Thank you for your comments Adrian. I was going you work you today
when you were activating GW/NW-049 today, by the time I was ready to
work you I think you went QRT. I did try to call you on 145.500 and

I’m sorry I missed you Jimmy, I did close down once I had worked the stations who called me after your Dad spotted me.

Adrian

Congrats Jimmy!

73, Peter - ON4UP

In reply to ON4UP:

Well done Jimmy. That’s a great achievment.

Liz.

In reply:

My congratulations also Jimmy, very well deserved.
You’ve a huge head start on me, at your age I could easily count my hill experience on one hand. Enjoy.

Iain, MM3WJZ