New Mountain Goat

Well done Jimmy on achieving MG. I’v been no help to you as I’m CW only but who knows for the future - hi. Managed to qso with your Dad 4 times on the 10th march so all is not lost.
73’s and good luck for your activating all G’s de John (G4WSX).

Thank you for your comments John.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

He’s been focused on the Uniques too much already, thanks to the likes of you Gerald!

Thanks for the accolade Tom… I always aim to please. Even Mr FMF has taken to supporting the cause :slight_smile:

As the driver and primary financial sponsor of all his activations, they all tend to be joint ones with me.

… and that financial commitment will probably continue with driving lessons, purchase of the first runabout, insurance, etc, etc… been there, done that twice, got two teeshirts. Anyway, looking on the positive side, Jimmy will be able to drive you to the summits. The downside is that you’ll have to learn to be be a grade A1 navigator! :slight_smile:

73, Gerald G4OIG

Hi Gerald,

My Dad M1EYP will always be doing the driving and I will always be doing the navigating to the SOTA summits. I do not intend to learn how to drive at the moment.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

Hi Jimmy,

My nephew said the same when he was your age, but he is now in his mid-twenties and has succombed to the lure of independent transport. Until you follow the same course (perhaps), keep up the good work on the task of navigation as you seek out those unique summits.

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to M3EYP:

Hi Gerald,

My Dad M1EYP will always be doing the driving and I will always be
doing the navigating to the SOTA summits. I do not intend to learn how
to drive at the moment.

A wise man once said to me, "once you own a car, you’ll never be rich. :frowning:

73 Mike
2E0YYY

A wise man once said to me, "once you own a car, you’ll never be
rich. :frowning:

I’ll second that one!

Congratulations though Jimmy on your Mountain Goat. Here’s to the next 1000+!

Jonathan
2E0CTW

In reply to M3EYP:
Congratulations Jimmy - well done!

73 de Steve [2E0ZST] SW011 contact 31/5/2011

Thank you Steve and Jonathan for your comments.

I did work you Steve also when I activated G/SC-010 on 04/08/10 and G/SC-010 on 22/04/11.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

My Dad M1EYP will always be doing the driving

Very wise Jimmy, especially if you intend to continue enjoying fine ales on your descents :wink:

And at every other opportunity of course :slight_smile:

73 de Paul G4MD

In reply to M3EYP:
Well done Jimmy. As probably the youngest person to reach this goal to date, does another Practical Wireless cover beckon? All the best for the 2E0 exam too.

I admire all the activators who get to MG status. After 4/10 of the way, I can see what a feat this is especially as the uniques get further away from home. It’s certainly not a task I would attempt in North America or alpine regions where 10 pointers need oxygen ;¬D

David
M0YDH

Thank you for your comments David.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

Belated Congratulations Jimmy, there were quite a few of us in the North West (2E0XYL, G6ODU & others) listening for you on 2m FM but unsurprisingly not hearing much from G/MW-013. I even tried to ask your dad during a short gap on 40m CW if you had made your 4th contact, & hence MG, but I made a complete hash of it, Sorry for any confusion Tom.

Well done & best 73,

Mark G0VOF

In reply to M3EYP:

Sorry I missed this thread as I was away for the weekend: well done, Jimmy, a proud achievement.

Brian G8ADD

Thank you Mark and Brian for your comments.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:
Hi Jimmy,

I only saw this when Roy pointed it out so apologies for being about the last to acknowledge it. Better late than never I suppose.

Congratulations on a brilliant effort and achievement. You have remained determined and loyal to the cause and this is your reward. You will also have seen some challenging weather conditions and situations. I suspect that you might just enjoy it too! Now your glassware can stand beside your Dad’s in pride of place.

Well done,
Best regards, John.

In reply to M3EYP:

Well done Jimmy - Good effort!

Congratulations!

Dave
M0TUB

Thank you John and Dave for your comments.

I have had all sorts of weather conditions when activating SOTA summits. I do not enjoy activating in very bad weather. I now always check the weather forecast before deciding whether to go out activating SOTA summits or not.

Jimmy M3EYP

Well, due to a post celebrating a different MG being placed in this thread by mistake - this popped up again after six years. I succumbed to that great “time-killer” that is the internet, and had a nostalgic read through all the above posts. I have very fond memories of this particular SOTA day.

Photos here:

http://tomread.co.uk/brown_clee_hill_2012.htm
http://tomread.co.uk/titterstone_clee_hill_2012.htm
http://tomread.co.uk/long_mynd-pole_bank_2012.htm
http://tomread.co.uk/stiperstones_2012.htm
http://tomread.co.uk/corndon_hill_2012.htm

That was me!

A New Mountain Goat != New Mountain Goat

:wink:

1 Like