New milestone

Hi Friends,

I can proudly inform you that I reached a new milestone today afternoon.
Thanks for the assistance of the activator friends, I managed to pass the 20k scores and 2700 unique summits mark on the chaser table. I know, it’s less than 2/5 of G4SSH Roy’s result, but I enjoyed the passed 2 years very much in your friendly community.
Hope to meet you soon again on the band.

73: Jóska, HA5CW / M0HAA

In reply to HA5CW:

Your own score on the SOTA database is the only total that matters Jóska.

It is a record of your personal achievement made using your skill and experience, from your QTH, using your equipment and power, to your antenna. Be proud of your score and set your own targets.

It cannot, under any circumstances, be directly compared with the score made by any other chaser.

SOTA is not, and cannot, be a level playing field. Another chaser living in the same town will not have the same set of working conditions as you, will not have the noise from a nearby power line when it is raining, will not have problems from the neighbours thermostat in winter, will not be shielded from Northern summits by a nearby hill, will not have ignition noise from a nearby main road etc. So focus on your score only, this is the only total of any consequence.

Of course it is natural to look at the scores of the table leaders and sigh, but SOTA, like any other hobby, is always going to have people who are not only totally dedicated but who have unlimited time to collect SOTA points. It does not matter how big your super station and beam antennas are, it does not matter how enthusiastic you are; if you are at work during the day then you will not collect as many points as the retired chaser with modest equipment and a G5RV.

Congratulations Jóska. To be second in the HA Chaser Honour Roll and leading HA Uniques Chaser is a magnificent achievement of which you have every reason to feel well satisfied.

73 Roy

In reply to HA5CW:
Congratulations Jóska, well done!
Thank you for the contacts I’ve had with you.
Roger MW0IDX

In reply to HA5CW:
Hello Joska
Congrats about score and glad to be in your log.
Best 73 and see you soon for next milestone.
Andre - f5ukl

Congratulations Joska on achieving 20000 chaser points.

Jimmy M3EYP

Congratulation, Jóska!
It always is a pleasure to hear your call sign on a summit.
Hope to meet you again soon.
73 - Martin, df3mc

In reply to HA5CW:

Congratulations on achieving 20000, Joska.
And again, thank you for your help for the many translations !
CU soon from a new summit

73 Alain F6ENO

In reply to HA5CW:

Congrats on your great achievement Jóska, always a pleasure to work HA5CW! For many more QSOs to come in the future!

73 Bernhard DL4CW

Szia Jóska,

I’m glad to have you in my SOTA chaser log and be in your one. Congrats on your achievement and good luck with the next milestone!

73! Alex UT4FJ

In reply to HA5CW:

Szia Jóska!

Many congrats on your great achievement.
I hear your call everywere on the band,
think you´re a professional amateur :wink:

Will drink some HA-wine (Tokaj) to cheer for you!

Minden jót, Vy73 es AWDH
de Fritz HB9CSA,DL4FDM

In reply to HA5CW:
Congratulations, Jóska. You are among the most frequent chasers in my activator logs. Hope to meet you from the summits many times more.
73 Ruda OK2QA

BRAVO Joska !
And others points will come soon ;-))
Roger

In reply to HA5CW:

Congratulations Joska. Your call is in my log from 26 summits, you are one of the most active chasers. See you again. 73 Petr OK1CZ

In reply to HA5CW:
Szia Jóska,

cordial congratulations to the big effort, You are in my log nearly from each summit I´ve already activated. Hope you will broke 30k soon !
73, Vrata OK1KT

In reply to HA5CW:

Just to show they are not one trick ponies, in addition to their sterling efforts chasing SOTA, you might recognise the leading WFF chasers too

http://www.ew4dx.org/WFFstats.php

Congratulations, Joska on your achievement… and thanks to both you and Laci for your support and many contacts on both SOTA and WFF

Andrew
M6ADB

In reply to HA5CW:

Gratulálok kedves Jóska és további sok sikert kívánok!

73 Viktor HA5LV

In reply to HA5CW:

Congratulations Jóska, that is a superb achievement!

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF

In reply to HA5CW:
Congratulations Joska on passing 20k. I hope I can add to your score soon!

Nick G4OOE