New Flickr Group

We are pleased to announce a new Flickr group for Summits On The Air related photos which is now linked to from SOTAwatch and will also be used to select photos for the pages on the new SOTA website (coming soon!). Thanks to G3CWI for this managing this new group.

It is worth stating, that we in no way want to discourage use of the existing Flickr facility run by John GW4BVE. This is an established, well managed and well used facility and we appreciate the work he has put into this.

However, we do need one to be linked officially from the other SOTA online facilities. And the new Flickr group can be found via the links above or directly here: Flickr: The Summits on the Air Photo Pool Pool

Contributions appreciated!

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
“It is worth stating, that we in no way want to discourage use of the existing Flickr facility run by John GW4BVE.”

So will there be a link in some way on the SOTA site so we can still find Johns fine work or will there be no further reference from SOTA to the old Flickr site?

There are clearly more images on Johns site so there should at least be a link until the new one has at least as many contributions.

In reply to 2E0KPO:

will there be a link in some way on the SOTA site so we can still find Johns
fine work

Given that John asked for the link to his Flickr group to be removed it would be wrong for Jon to provide a link to it until John requests it again.

I shall be posting into both groups as it gives me more chance to post scary pictures of my vast and prodigiously flabby belly and, of course, my man-boobs!
:slight_smile:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
Oh yes I forgot there are some politics involved…

HB9BAB’s photos are - well - spectacular! Most impressive. GW7AAV’s hardly leave a stone unturned. I reckon he’s pretty well got the entire ascent of Shining Tor covered in his collection! An excellent variety of shots in G1INK’s collection.

Good stuff folks. I think I’ll keep my collection on my website; that takes long enough in itself, but I’ll tryu to dig out a handful of the best ones to go on the new Flckr group.

Thanks for the facility Richard.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

I have to agree with you about HB9BAB’s photos, execellent stuff.

The problem with your pictures Tom is they and your website are hosted on qsl.net and I lose the will to live whilst waiting for them to load! :slight_smile:

Andy
MM0FMF

Well looks like everyone is having ago now, more and more photo’s turning up everytime i log on, ive just uploaded 16 photo’s my self.
Nice one Richard,
Steve m0sgb

Fair comment Andy. I was looking at changing my host a while back, but never got round to finishing the job. Any you would recommend?

Anyway, back into Flickr to see what else has gone on there this evening.

Tom

In reply to M1EYP:

“An excellent variety of shots in G1INK’s collection.”

Im confused, as I take messages under this thread refer to pics posted on the new group - which I havent yet posted to.

If the wx ever clears up enough to take pics (its rained & been dull every day this year in Buxton) I will take pics & post to both groups.

Hope to dodge the wx & do a summit tomorrow (Sun 20th Jan)

ps I support Mick 2E0HJD.

Steve G1INK.

In reply to G1INK:

Steve, I think Tom has been looking at our personal Flickr collections (which will be linked from the members list) as I haven’t posted any photos anywhere recently. I have run out of room on my account as I have 200 photos on I need to pay now.
I will have to bite the bullet. :o(

Steve GW7AAV

Yes, that’s what I was doing. I wondered why M0SGB had put a batch of family party photos on the SOTA group, but of course he hadn’t! I think I understand a bit more about how Flickr works now!

I see the SSEG SOTA QSL card collection is on the pool now. Wonderful.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
I am still a happy costumer of the “old” SOTA-watch.
http://sotawatch.sota.org.uk/spots.php
The link to Flick´r there is still the old.
Vy73 de Fritz

In reply to DL4FDM:

Hi Fritz

Thanks for pointing this out - believe it or not I’d not taken much notice of Flick’r till tempted in by the new SOTA group, I’ve now followed your link to John’s and it’s a brilliant resource. Anyone out there not familiar with it, take a look. Hopefully both will flourish!

73 de Paul G4MD

In reply to DL4FDM:

John asked me to remove links to his Flickr group so unfortunately I’ve had to remove this one as well. Sorry!

73, Jon