New awards question

I wonder if the database is pimped again, is it posible to see S2S and a list if you activated and chased the same summit.
I activated all PA- summits ( that is all four, hi hi ), but did not chased one yet.

73 de Hans PA3FYG

Hi Hans,

I record my S2S in the Notes columns of my activator and chaser logs. In my chaser logs, I enter the summit ref I was on myself (if I was) in the Notes field. In my activator logs, I enter the summit ref of the station I worked in the Notes field. Therefore, both my activator and chaser logs provide a record of my S2S contacts. By downloading a CSV file of your own log, you can then order that data, calculate statistics etc.

If you log on to SOTAwatch, and click on the Summits link, you get to see each region, and you see side-by-side which summits you have activated, chased or both.

73, Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Tnx Tom I understand, forgot the Summits link

73 de Hans PA3FYG

In reply to M1EYP:
Hello Tom

With regard to the Summits page and the my chases and my activations column, am I the only user who has lost this facility?
No numbers in the columns in any browser on any of the four computers that I’ve used to look this up [including Stepmum’s laptop and in the office].
I did have the facility at the start of my involvment in SOTA. My PA page should have 3 of 4 chases of Hans’ activations but has none shown. They’re safe in the chasers log of course.

kind regards / HNY

David 2E0DAI

In reply to 2E0DAI:

With regard to the Summits page and the my chases and my activations
column, am I the only user who has lost this facility?
No numbers in the columns in any browser on any of the four computers
that I’ve used to look this up [including Stepmum’s laptop and in the
office].
I did have the facility at the start of my involvment in SOTA. My PA
page should have 3 of 4 chases of Hans’ activations but has none
shown. They’re safe in the chasers log of course.

Hi David, and a Happy New Year!

I just checked and all my activations and chases are showing correctly on the Summits pages. Very strange that you can’t see yours.

I have noticed that it always takes until the following day for new chases and activations to be added to the Summit pages. Maybe yours will be restored tomorrow.

Will be looking out for you from Brown Clee tomorrow! My destination is not yet decided … still very icy here.

Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to M6WOW:

Are you logged in?

heavy blizzards in Buxton at the moment.

In reply to G1INK:

Snow forecast today for Yorkshire, sometimes heavy. Not giving up yet but it’s not looking good.

73 Chris 2E0FSR

In reply to G3NYY:
I am logged in always and have tried this on different computers [as noted before] with my account. The numbers in the my activations and my chases columns disappeared more than 6 months ago. To gauge progress on uniques, I have to download a CSV file and sort the data. None of this is a big deal especially if it’s just my account that is affected.

I hope I can be on air before the other dozen VHF stations across the UK, Walt or it’ll be like the May fun day when the chasers were spoilt for choice and my activation was made up entirely of S2S contacts! [Self-spotting - I am unable to defeat the predictive text on the mobile phone no matter how I press # in order to send a SpotSMS - another triviality that has stopped working]. I hope to chase the Belgian station on 40m before going on to provide a normal service to the chaser community. It should be good sport.

David 2E0DAI

In reply to M6WOW:

I am logged in always and have tried this on different computers [as
noted before] with my account. The numbers in the my activations and
my chases columns disappeared more than 6 months ago. To gauge
progress on uniques, I have to download a CSV file and sort the data.
None of this is a big deal especially if it’s just my account that is
affected.

Hello David,

I believe that your problem is easy to solve. Your username for SOTAwatch and the callsign you have specified as your current callsign in the database must be the same in order for your chased and activated tallies to display on SOTAwatch. Simply create a new login on SOTAwatch with the username 2E0DAI and all your woes will be solved! This is of course, if I haven’t got the wrong end of the stick regarding the nature of your problem!

Dave Passey M0MYA

In reply to 2E0BTR:
“By George I think he’s got it!” I created a 2E0DAI account a while ago so my callsign came up with my name rather than unregistered in the spots and alerts. Then I carried on logging in as M6WOW. Thanks David - a spot on solution because all the columns display properly now. I’ll use the latest callsign registration in future.
David 2E0DAI

In reply to 2E0DAI:

“By George I think he’s got it!”

The carrot-cruncher has done it again :wink: