Name those English marilyns game

10 minutes and 56 seconds.

Jimmy M3EYP

Aaaaaaaaargh. Please disregard…

OK, this time I promise never to play this stupid game again.

9 minutes and 16 seconds.

In reply to M1EYP:

You guys must be depending on time dilation at relativistic speeds…

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

You only have to type enough of the name for it to be recognised and autocompletes. This reduces the amount of typing significantly.

And, some of us can type with more than 1 finger anyway! :smiley:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

In reply to G8ADD:

And, some of us can type with more than 1 finger anyway! :smiley:

Andy
MM0FMF

Respect! I can’t!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Respect! I can’t!

Practice then. Type without looking at the keyboard and keep typing until you can use 3 fingers on each hand. Touch typing would be nice but I’m fast enough for programming. I can’t think “source code” as fast as I can type so there’s little reason to get better!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

I tried this touch typing lark but was forced to abandon it because accuracy suffered tremendously, and I needed accuracy far more than I needed speed. It seemed to me that it was a bit silly to type a page in zip time only to spend far more time correcting it than it took to type out in the first place. Errors do creep in from time to time, but I’m sure I do not give the illusion of illiteracy shown by so many speed typists who let their work get out full of silly errors such as transpositions (e.g. “teh” when they mean “the”.) Some posts on this and other reflectors are almost indecipherable, and I would spend more time on PSK31 if more operators cared more for accuracy than speed, dammit, some of them even use junk macros time and again!

No, I am quite happy using just my right forefinger and a thumb hovering over the shift, I don’t need more, but I can still respect a person who has mastered the skill and retained accuracy!

Brian G8ADD